Sega Saturn

UK31337

Fully Optimized
What was the Sega Saturn like? I never got to try one, but it was a serious contender for me when I was choosing my first games console about 10 years ago (I got the PSX instead).

I thought about looking for an old one on eBay, and there's a shop on Princes Street in Edinburgh that sells retro consoles, but they go pretty quickly.

So, anybody got any experience of it? I was seriously taken by the look of the thing at the time, but it was hellishly overpriced if I remember rightly.

Thanks guys.

well the 3d games were shit but the 2dgames were ok i guess. still, considering the choices at the time, it sucks ass. one of my friends has one, and it really isnt all that good.

i have to agree w/mr monger..i have never owned one, but the games did suck big time on it, and there wer'nt very many to support it.

i would invest in a Portable Playstation 2, that way you can play games or movies anywhere anytime..

I quite liked it. It was out a little before the playstation ( I think ) and had good graphics and also had games on cds. I liked the aliens game for it!

I had a sega genesis but never had a sega saturn. and I still have a SNES and an old NES and still have my genesis too. of course now I play on a PS2

I had SEGA Saturn way back my high school life. yeah its pretty nice when it comes to graphics on that time(about 10 years). It comes with a CD but I don't think it requires you a memory card since I don't have on a package when I bought it.

Sega Saturn was the first gaming console I ever bought. In my opinion it is the best gaming system ever (even better then SNES!). This is probably becuase of the fond memories I have of playing it when I was younger. I loved how it came on cd and everything elese was still using that like floppy disk thing (not sure of technical term), it made the whole thing feel futuristic. I had like 19 games. I would still have the thing if i didnt get stolen but I still have all the games sitting in my cupboard gathering dust. I love Sega Saturn.

Back
Top Bottom