Screenshot of in-game performance

Eh. If halo2 had good performance and ran on XP, I probably would have bought it just to play it online occasionally. But I don't use vista, so whatever.

I tried playing the campaign in a pirated copy once that was cracked for xp..
I don't know if it's that the crack broke something, or that they just did a piss poor job porting it.. but the game runs like dog crap.
The game ran on the same hardware as halo1, and my system eats that game alive.. so why would Halo2 run so bad? It doesn't look impressive graphically. Doom3, Half-Life 2, Farcry, all of them run vastly better on my system than halo2 did.

Edit: Whoa dude.. that is insane.. my GPU never gets past 75C!

I think those screens are flash honestly.

THe funny part is that I haven't even begun playing it, lol. It's at the pre game selection screen where there shouldn't be anything going on and it's almost 100 degrees. Now, it's at 97-98 degrees. Oh well. It can handle it. Threshold is like 107 degrees or something like that. CPU temp is normal though :p

Hey, you dare me to leave it on like this for the next coulpe of days? I wonder if it will crap out? If the cooling is good, it should hold for a long while.

eh in hindsight, some of these video cards are rated to do 120+. Mine can do 125C before there is serious problems.

Anyway, what settings are you running the game at? I just reinstalled it, and I wanna take some screenies :p

I do have the Physics enabled though :p. Don't know if that's actually doing anything. Resolution is set to my screen res, but in Window mode since I don't want to play in fullscreen. Everything else is just default.

At 1024x768 with details at 3: (BTW, 3 is the same as 5 in the demo. Epic removed the highest settings to make the demo smaller file-size wise)
clipboard01jk3.jpg

clipboard02ac9.jpg

at 800x600 with details at 3:

screenshot00001rz3.jpg

screenshot00004yw2.jpg

screenshot00007gk2.jpg

Edit: Rudster, I wanted to take some for showing how the game runs on my hardware. Thanks nontheless :p

Ok, I'll try that. Looks good, I'm getting the same as what FRAPs is telling me, hehe. You know the high GPU temp I had before? Try it on yours too to see if it results in high heat temp. Mine hit 102 degree eventually before I began to play it. Now, it's back down to 79 degrees. For some reason, that one screen I showed you uses a lot power from the graphics card. It generates a higher frame rate for nothing, lol since it's only a screen telling you to "begin mission". Strange how that is.

Haha, when my fps start to dip, it turns RED, lol!!!! You probably never seen that happen since you're running above 30fps all the time.

Ok, I'll try that. Looks good, I'm getting the same as what FRAPs is telling me, hehe. You know the high GPU temp I had before? Try it on yours too to see if it results in high heat temp. Mine hit 102 degree eventually before I began to play it. Now, it's back down to 79 degrees. For some reason, that one screen I showed you uses a lot power from the graphics card. It generates a higher frame rate for nothing, lol since it's only a screen telling you to "begin mission". Strange how that is.

Haha, when my fps start to dip, it turns RED, lol!!!! You probably never seen that happen since you're running above 30fps all the time.

I saw it when I was playing around in 1024x768 :p

anyway, am I correct in assuming that the proggie your using to show GPU temps is PC Wizard?

Back
Top Bottom