Science Vs. Religion | Black Vs. White | A vs. Z

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
So first off, if you clicked this link expecting to chime in about any of the topics in the title, you may be disappointed, and so I advise that you carefully read this post because I assure you that it's not what you expected. To start off I'm going to give you a story to demonstrate a point.

Imagine yourself on any normal day, perhaps you're enjoying some food outside with friends. The skies are clear, there's a slight breeze and that's when you notice there's an awful lot of air traffic headed your way. To your surprise, air raid sirens start to go off. The air traffic starts to drop things... my god, they're troops. Holy crap... they're foreign troops! Before long, the foreign troops are marching up and down the streets, gathering up citizens and executing them en mass. Now you have a choice. You can die, or you can fight... and possibly still die.
The question is, who is right? Who is justified?
Now, in the eyes of the foreign invader, they are.
In your eyes, you are.

Truth is always in the eye of the beholder.

Convince a man who knows the earth is flat that it is actually round.
Convince a man who knows the earth is round that it is actually flat.

You cannot talk a person out of a delusion. Even if you took someone into a spaceship and showed them, they would certainly contend the windows were fake. They were screens, or they were not on a real ship. So this comes down to;

At what point do we as humans say;

Alright, this is stupid. You believe whatever the hell you want. But uhhhh... It's getting a little warm, so we need to deal with that. Oh, and people are starving to death, so that's a thing we should look into. Oh yea and Japan is hemorrhaging radiation still and there's plastic everywhere, so maybe we should all stop bickering over whatever comes on the idiot box or facebook and start working on fixing the only thing keeping us all alive eh?

This make believe system of "money" is just that... make believe. It's even colored the same as monopoly money nowadays. It will buy you crap that falls apart quickly so you have to replace it soon and to do so you have to sell your life to some company. In between all that you're arguing about differences of opinion that mean absolutely dick.

Science Vs. Religion, Black Vs. White, A Vs. Z, none of this shit even matters. The only things that matter are being destroyed before our very eyes while we bicker and pout about where it came from and who's fault it is. We are not defined by our past, we are defined by what happens now in the same way a ship is defined by it's wake.

The only truth of the matter is, we all have the power to change it. Stop bickering, start solving. If someone wants to debate, point them to the nearest tree and let them have the longest conversation they'd like, I hear it's good for the vegetation.

Last edited:
You may as well preach to the sheep because that's what the people are, a mindless bunch. :rolleyes:

Correct my friend.

As is every individual on this planet. We are all unique in our own way. That is your power, that nobody is you. I get what you are saying that people are a mindless bunch, but we feel this way because we turn on the boob tube and see people chanting for the next person of power as if they'll solve some problem.

Are they not you and I as well? Is it not possible they are just driven by fear of the unknown and that's why they place this faith in that person to solve this fictitious problem for them?

Imagine a row boat full of people arguing over the need of a person to tell them to row before they can start rowing to get to their destination. This is ridiculous. All they need to do is agree upon a destination, coordinate efforts and start rowing. It really is that simple. Sure, one could argue a captain need be elected to guide them, but someone who is filling their minds with fear of dragons and sirens beset on either side has no place at the wheel. And that person is certainly not going to lift a finger to help row the ship.

How true. We are people but people have a fear of involvement. They have a fear of success too.

Unreal.

And yet we're standing on that very ship, flying through space. It's unreal to think such a ridiculous situation could exist, and yet is the reality we allow to persist.

So then back to the question, at what point do we say enough is enough, and start rowing? On the horizon a storm is fast approaching.

What if someone just sits down and starts rowing?

And so one by one it seems we need to walk away from the argument and just start tackling our problems. Not caring about who takes the role of captain, deck boss, or otherwise. Start solving the most pressing issue first and let others follow suite.

When the arguing crowd is left dwindling to only a few, they are now the minority and will realize the vanity of the old system.

Now, how do we apply this analogy to our current planet of divided nations and imaginary borders?

Back
Top Bottom