School Immunisation...

J03

~~~~~~~~
So today, we had our Immunisation thing's in school. Im fine with needle's (ish). Nearly all of the people in our school had the MMR Jab, But because i didnt have the "diphtheria tetanus pertussis polio" jab, i had to have that as well. So i had them both, and i was ok. Then 5 min's later, I started feeling dizzy, and was shaking - the Nurse woman told me to sit down. I was their for about 45 Min's then, the nurse asked me if i was OK. I said i was - (hardly anyone else was still their - i though it was just me). So, by now it was break time. I went out side, and my friends thought i was drunk & told me to go see the nurse. Now, here i am, at home. I dont feel dizzy and more, but my arm aches like hell!

(sorry about the random thread :p)

when i was in school they was gonna give me the tetanus dipheria and polio but when i got there they say they couldnt give it to me becasue i was alergic to peniscilin which was in the injection and they didnt have the resusitation equipment lol.

still havent had it yet but i am going turkey next year and i will have to go into hospital and stay a night jus to have a simple injection.

basicly if the peniscilin is strong enough in the injection i have an alergic reaction where my throat swells up and blocks my air ways and haver to have them pipes down me throat to help me breath.

when i was in school they was gonna give me the tetanus dipheria and polio but when i got there they say they couldnt give it to me becasue i was alergic to peniscilin which was in the injection and they didnt have the resusitation equipment lol.

still havent had it yet but i am going turkey next year and i will have to go into hospital and stay a night jus to have a simple injection.

basicly if the peniscilin is strong enough in the injection i have an alergic reaction where my throat swells up and blocks my air ways and haver to have them pipes down me throat to help me breath.

Well.... Seriously now. I hope that they dont contain Penecillin any more... Because i am alergic to that (I dont swell up though)... :O

i think peniclin is in the polio.

i found this

If you are allergic to certain antibiotics (penicillin, neomycin, polymyxin, or streptomycin) you should inform the doctor or nurse before you receive any medication. Unless the sensitivity is extreme to any of these, it need not contraindicate using the vaccine.

on this website http://www.medinfo.co.uk/immunisations/polio.html

under contradictions

although some website insist it is safe to give the injections to people that are allergic to penicillin it was only lst year i was advised by my school that they could not give me the innjection and that i would need to go to a hospital to have it

Thanks for the info dude! I will see how it goes :). Apparently - The first time you have a reaction to Penicillin, it's not to terrible, but your 2nd & 3rd etc get worse and worse...

o goody i had my 1st reaction when i was a baby coz i had the reaction when i first had the tetanus diphtheria and polio

yeah. I first had it when i was a baby too - I had Chicken Pox... Penicillin got rid of the Chicken Pox, but replaced it with somthing worse! It hurt's to stretch my arm out now :(

I had a flu shot yesterday, and now my arm is sore. For my insulin shots, I go in the stomach, the arm is the worst, same with the leg, cause there is no fat, its just muscle, and than bone. stomach area is the only area with fat.

The worst is Tetanus shots. I got one right before a practice one day, and I felt fine. Until we had a hella hard practice and I had to work my arm like crazy. It was sooo sore.

Some people will react to the tetanus shot, like you did. I never felt bad, nor pain on Tetanus, so I consider myself lucky.

Back
Top Bottom