Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03
Default School Immunisation...

So today, we had our Immunisation thing's in school. Im fine with needle's (ish). Nearly all of the people in our school had the MMR Jab, But because i didnt have the "diphtheria tetanus pertussis polio" jab, i had to have that as well. So i had them both, and i was ok. Then 5 min's later, I started feeling dizzy, and was shaking - the Nurse woman told me to sit down. I was their for about 45 Min's then, the nurse asked me if i was OK. I said i was - (hardly anyone else was still their - i though it was just me). So, by now it was break time. I went out side, and my friends thought i was drunk & told me to go see the nurse. Now, here i am, at home. I dont feel dizzy and more, but my arm aches like hell!

(sorry about the random thread :P)

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: School Immunisation...

when i was in school they was gonna give me the tetanus dipheria and polio but when i got there they say they couldnt give it to me becasue i was alergic to peniscilin which was in the injection and they didnt have the resusitation equipment lol.

still havent had it yet but i am going turkey next year and i will have to go into hospital and stay a night jus to have a simple injection.

basicly if the peniscilin is strong enough in the injection i have an alergic reaction where my throat swells up and blocks my air ways and haver to have them pipes down me throat to help me breath.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
j03
~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssc456 View Post
when i was in school they was gonna give me the tetanus dipheria and polio but when i got there they say they couldnt give it to me becasue i was alergic to peniscilin which was in the injection and they didnt have the resusitation equipment lol.

still havent had it yet but i am going turkey next year and i will have to go into hospital and stay a night jus to have a simple injection.

basicly if the peniscilin is strong enough in the injection i have an alergic reaction where my throat swells up and blocks my air ways and haver to have them pipes down me throat to help me breath.
Well.... Seriously now. I hope that they dont contain Penecillin any more... Because i am alergic to that (I dont swell up though)... :O
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

i think peniclin is in the polio.

i found this

Quote:
If you are allergic to certain antibiotics (penicillin, neomycin, polymyxin, or streptomycin) you should inform the doctor or nurse before you receive any medication. Unless the sensitivity is extreme to any of these, it need not contraindicate using the vaccine.
on this website http://www.medinfo.co.uk/immunisations/polio.html

under contradictions

although some website insist it is safe to give the injections to people that are allergic to penicillin it was only lst year i was advised by my school that they could not give me the innjection and that i would need to go to a hospital to have it

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
j03
~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the info dude! I will see how it goes . Apparently - The first time you have a reaction to Penicillin, it's not to terrible, but your 2nd & 3rd etc get worse and worse...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

o goody i had my 1st reaction when i was a baby coz i had the reaction when i first had the tetanus diphtheria and polio

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
j03
~~~~~~~~

yeah. I first had it when i was a baby too - I had Chicken Pox... Penicillin got rid of the Chicken Pox, but replaced it with somthing worse! It hurt's to stretch my arm out now
Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I had a flu shot yesterday, and now my arm is sore. For my insulin shots, I go in the stomach, the arm is the worst, same with the leg, cause there is no fat, its just muscle, and than bone. stomach area is the only area with fat.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
Golden Master

The worst is Tetanus shots. I got one right before a practice one day, and I felt fine. Until we had a hella hard practice and I had to work my arm like crazy. It was sooo sore.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
Golden Master

Some people will react to the tetanus shot, like you did. I never felt bad, nor pain on Tetanus, so I consider myself lucky.

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote