School Advice

I agree that the first couple years are basic stuff but that is no matter what your degree is coming in... I am a dual major student, business administration major and accounting major, but it is the same way...But the reason for the basic stuff in the first couple of years is due to not everyone knowing much about what the core classes teach...I'm not sure how computer major's are but I know with my majors you can test out of some of the classes via a test prior to taking the class. I tested out of my keyboarding and my excel and access courses due to using them for my previous job...But if you are alright with working your way up by getting real life experience at a low paying job that is totally up to you...It also depends on how you plan to finance college as well, since if you plan on taking classes on a student loan and are going to be required to pay that money back at your new job after graduating sure you might be making 20k a year more right outta school but a good amount of that is going to be used paying back your loans.....So sometimes its not a bad idea to start out making lower money and taking a few classes here and there as you can afford them so that way when you do decide to move to a higher paying position you will not only have a lot of experience but you will also have a degree that is PAID for so you can reap the benefits....Either way best of luck to you!!!!!

I think you have a nice future ahead of you. If you work hard in college and in life you'll have a solid career, but as stratos said, balance your work. Work a little and have fun a little.

You're lucky, I got like 13 years before I can be a doctor.
Next four years is undergrad
One to two years out of school for job experience
Then back for four more of med school
then like three years of residency
Then a job when i'm 30 (yay, I hope to get tho this point one day :D)

Dude, you got to dream big or not dream at all. You should apply to a range a colleges that go from your local college to Stanford. Pursuing college education is probably ideal in today's world. People look for others with title.

I would like to recommend you the field of software engineering. This looks hell of interesting and is one of the majors I'm going to heavily consider if I get accepted into Stanford.

Dude, you got to dream big or not dream at all. You should apply to a range a colleges that go from your local college to Stanford. Pursuing college education is probably ideal in today's world. People look for others with title.

I would like to recommend you the field of software engineering. This looks hell of interesting and is one of the majors I'm going to heavily consider if I get accepted into Stanford.

What, don't wanna be a Shocker Joga? ;)

I heard when I went to a college convention in my school that if you want to go into the Computer Hardware part of technology you should take a course in Industrial Engineering. I was just wondering if that was true considering I would love to understand and build architectures of CPU's etc.

Not sure but you probably need to be really good at math and will probably take a ton of math classes. But that is for any engineering degree I guess.

Aye, I'm in High School Geometry right now and it's easy so far. Haven't really gotten into the proofs yet but I heard their a pain . . .

Put I always look at computer's as amazing things! The things inside are so small and it's amazing how they all work together, sending data at insane rates all over. And then you have a OS that operates the whole thing which I could imagine how complicated it would be.

Here is an example of a some math and science classes you will have to take for a computer engineering degree:

MATH140: Calculus I (4 credits)
MATH141: Calculus II (4 credits)
MATH246: Differential Equations for Scientists & Engineers (3 credits)
CMSC250: Discrete Structures ( 4 credits)
PHYS161: General Physics, Mechanics and Particles Dynamics (3 credits)
PHYS260/261: General Physics, Vibrations, Waves, Heat, and E/M (4 credits)
CHEM135: General Chemistry for Engineers (3 credits

Back
Top Bottom