Scammed - what are my options?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
http://www.modchipnow.com

Let's see. They say they're from Hong Kong, whois points back to Canada.

Their site: http://www.modchipnow.com/shipping.php?osCsid=934e1b37e750e35ba5cffa8209449e75

We are situated in the heart of the video game accessory industry in Hong Kong. Most shipments will be sent via Express Airmail from our warehouse in Hong Kong. You will receive your parcel within 5-15 days after you have placed your order with us online. We also have a partner in sunny California and in some cases your package will be shipped from that warehouse, providing they is stock available. All main business operations however are conducted from Hong Kong.

WHOIS for the domain:

Technical Contact:
tao, harris gamegizmohk@yahoo.ca
Anime Matrix Ltd.
17 Eagle Point Road
Toronto, Ontario M1W 2X4
Canada

And I love how that phone number translates to some other person.

http://findaperson.canada-411.ca/14...h_id=40191350848682244877&lower=1&more_info=1

Hong Yu
3050 Pharmacy Ave
Scarborough, ON M1W 2N7
(416) 497-7301

Scarborough is a part of Toronto... but the street is different.

I want to call him/her/it but I don't know if I should. I emailed the payment processor and I'm thinking about calling mastercard too. Comments?

well how doyou know you have been scammed ??
also phone the mastercard and tell them , as for ringing them i say dont it may be the wrong person

This happened when I ordered my 4GB PSP memory chip from pricegrabber, the phone numbers traced back to a cell phone number, the persons e-mail was "..."@yahoo.com(not very professional), and all that, but I e-mailed him demanding a tracking number they sent it, and the chip arrived when prromised, and it was the right one, so I would e-mail them.

i can check that adress out sometime if you want :) i live near toronto. i MIGHT be able to go to the address

edit: yea its in scarborough, i dont wanna go there. too much of a ghetto

Err... someone on another forum from toronto said:

I would check it out a little more. There's a lot of Asian gangs in the Scarborough area. They're also masters at credit card fraud and identity theft. Be very careful!

That didn't help. :eek:

I am so paranoid. For some reason, the charge didn't go through okay in the first place YET so I called Mastercard and they put a lock on the account for 3 months. I got a VISA anyway, Mastercard customer support is downright rude.

Haha what exactly do you guys plan on accomplishing by showing up there?? Getting the crap beat out of you by some scammer?

Anyway, since it the payment didn't go through, that's probably why you haven't gotten it yet...

Haha what exactly do you guys plan on accomplishing by showing up there?? Getting the crap beat out of you by some scammer?

Anyway, since it the payment didn't go through, that's probably why you haven't gotten it yet...
But I was informed that the payment DID go through initially, I have myself confused here.

Hey, you think I'm gonna drive/fly half way across Canada to Ontario to go to some scammer's house?

canadamapjo2.gif

My writing sucks because I've never drawn anything with the touchpad. :p

Back
Top Bottom