Scam?

XEN

In Runtime
My friend said he'd found an iPod Nano for £60 on MSN. I took a look at the site and I immediately knew it looked a bit dodgy. It's electricalvalley.co.uk. They seem to offer a large range of dirt cheap stuff. Must be a scam right? Has anyone bought anything from that site?

Oh god, avoid!

Terms & Conditions:
2. Prices are based on a 5 buyer basis. This means once you have purchased a certain product, your name will be put on a list, and once 4 more sales are made of that product your item will be dispatched. (This does not mean that you have to purchase 4 items. It simply means that once 4 more purchases of that item, by anyone, are made your item will be dispatched).

It's the pyramid scam.

Oh yeah, feel like an idiot now. Didn't see that at the bottom lol. I'll tell my friend that. Cheers anyways!

Yeah, you gotta watch out for the pyramid scam. Becides, what reseller would use a free (co.uk) domain? Haha, thats so ghetto.

Yeah, I should've know.

For people that don't know:

The idea of a matrix scheme is you buy one then you have to persuade others to buy one so you can receive yours. Take the nano for example: Say I buy one for £60, then I have to persuade 4 more people to spend £60 to get mine. Then they have persuade people to spend £60... and so it continues. Well, thats the general idea anyway, there are lots of variations. But, while all this is happening the company is making about £300 (£60x5). So they make a large profit, while the consumer thinks they are making a large saving. Most of the 'Get an xbox 360 cheap' on eBay things are just links to those sites . Most people have wizened up now though luckily...

I think they are also known as pyramid schemes.

Yeah, the government has done tons to make the public aware of online scams and phishing sites.

alvino said:
Yeah, you gotta watch out for the pyramid scam. Becides, what reseller would use a free (co.uk) domain? Haha, thats so ghetto.

Free .co.uk?

Oh, nevermind. I forgot those are the UK domains. There was some place that lets you have free domains.

EDIT>>> It was .co.nr. :p I forgot...

Back
Top Bottom