Saw someone get rear ended today

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I was driving back from the university and was at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green. The lane to my right had the green light so cars were driving through then i saw that it turned yellow and about 3 or 4 cars gunned it through the intersection to try and beat the red but just across the intersection where they were heading is a common place that people make a left turn and when that person stops to wait for opposing traffic it blocks the people behind them. So from what i could see someone had stopped to make that left turn and the 3 other cars had to nail on the brakes to not hit him (the guy in front was a dumbass cause he didn't signal until he was stopped) so I see the first car stop, the second car stop, then the last one which was going the fastest and actually ran the red light hammered on the brakes and slid and just barely hit the SUV in front of him. I saw a few pieces of plastic go flying off the front end of his car and then he blew the horn and the two vehicles that had just hit pulled off into a parking lot (probably to first bitch each other out before exchanging information lol). I figure that's what you get for being impatient and trying to beat the lights (although i admit at times i am guilty of doing that). The good thing was that no one got hurt and neither vehicle was too terribly damaged (in fact i didnt see any damage done to the SUV, just the car that hit it).

Anyone else witness car crashes lately?

Yeah, well thats the way people are these days, don't want to wait for anything, including red lights. There are a few places around my area that are common for accidents. Though I don't witness them, I usually see them right after they happen. Some are pretty bad too, running red lights, stop signs....etc.

People should learn to wait....where are they in a hurry to go?

You guys have it easy. I get to deal with the aftermath of the bad ones.

I work in a hospital and I've seen some people come in pretty fuggered up!!

The worst are the younger bike riders who think they can do wheelies and stoppies just like their favorite rapper or movie star and they fall of and get hammered by a 500 pound bike! Since I have been working in the hospital, I have seen close to two dozen. They are all between april and october (mainly) and the worst ones were younger kids on way powerful bikes with little experiance or admittingly trying to do something stupid to impress someone. The worst was one guy was trying to be cool and pull a wheelie from a light. He didn't see the car coming out of the parking lot onto the highway and, while doing the wheelie, hit the back of the car, flipped over the front and ended up breaking his neck. This 24 year old man is now bound to a wheelchair paralized from the neck down with minor movement in a few fingers.

There was one a stones throw from my house about a year ago, where some guy in a minivan fell asleep, drove up onto the median to the point where it slants up into a divider, filpped the car into the air and came down right on top of a Benz. They landed the medivac chopper right on the highway and flew the one guy out. one of the two died on the scene.

There was a 17 and 16 year old (17 was driving) in his mother and fathers 300C (300+hp car). Rumor at the school was they were more than likely racing and they lost controll of the car. sideswiped one car and went across into oncoming traffic. Head on with a Jeep, severing the womans hand and foot. The two boys were said to have died on impact and the lady died later at the hospital.

I know of a few more, but not going to bore you with all of them.

... saw a fatal one a few months back.. that was nasty.. some prick was going along at 130mph, in an audi, and he rear ended a 206 (same make/model as i have), the 206 did 3 full rotations in the air, and landed upside down.. nothing anyone could do for the lady driver of the 206.. so yeah, that was pretty nasty..

I'm fine with these used douche nozzles racing around, doing 130, just as long as when they hit the wall, they do it alone!

that one was a real eye opener.. i drive exactly the same car as she had.. and i came down the road 30 seconds after the accident happened.. could so easily have been me..

well since we are on the subject i'll tell you what happened to me a week ago.

i was out driving with my mom because i had to run a few errans (get some pictres printed out for my girlfriend and get a new car battery) so when i was done i went to a pizza place next to the NAPA store i was at. so me and my mom get some food whe all of a sudden she says "OMG THAT KID JUST GOT HIT"

i turn around to the window and some lady on her phone clipped a kid with her SUV on his bike. so me and 3 other guys ran outside. i ran to the kid to see if he was hurt badly but thank god he wasn't. he slid on his ass and probably bruised a muscle and nothing more, meanwhile the 3 other guys were holding back the girl who hit the kid because she ran over to some girl, that was yelling at her and beat the shit out of her.

and i mean badly. the women had a broken nose and was bleeding fast. so the girl who hit the kid came over to the kid that he hit to see if she was okay. when all of sudden she runs back after girl, now i try to stop her but man she was f*cking crazy. she pushed me out of the way and thank god the 3 others got her before i did. i mean im 165 pounds and she still moved me.

so now instead of being charged with 1 case she has 2. for hitting the kid on the bike with her truck and for assualting the other women.

too many people think with their fists and not with their heads. :(

Ronco Rox said:
well since we are on the subject i'll tell you what happened to me a week ago.

i was out driving with my mom because i had to run a few errans (get some pictres printed out for my girlfriend and get a new car battery) so when i was done i went to a pizza place next to the NAPA store i was at. so me and my mom get some food whe all of a sudden she says "OMG THAT KID JUST GOT HIT"

i turn around to the window and some lady on her phone clipped a kid with her SUV on his bike. so me and 3 other guys ran outside. i ran to the kid to see if he was hurt badly but thank god he wasn't. he slid on his ass and probably bruised a muscle and nothing more, meanwhile the 3 other guys were holding back the girl who hit the kid because she ran over to some girl, that was yelling at her and beat the shit out of her.

and i mean badly. the women had a broken nose and was bleeding fast. so the girl who hit the kid came over to the kid that he hit to see if she was okay. when all of sudden she runs back after girl, now i try to stop her but man she was f*cking crazy. she pushed me out of the way and thank god the 3 others got her before i did. i mean im 165 pounds and she still moved me.

so now instead of being charged with 1 case she has 2. for hitting the kid on the bike with her truck and for assualting the other women.

too many people think with their fists and not with their heads. :(

Was it a short lady?

One thing I can't stand are the really short ladies in the really big and tall trucks. My mom is about 5'4" and she can drive a truck like no ones business, but than again, she's not doing her makeup and talking on the cell phone!

One day I was headed to my office in Neptune and on my way there, I happen to pass a suburban (like it that hard to fly by 30 of these things in a half hour!). I glance over as I pass her at about 80-85. She's doing about 75-ish, putting on lipstick with her right hand (using the vanity mirror) and talking on the cell phone with the other. I got as far away as I could and fast!

Another time I was with my step-dad in his truck. We were on the parkway and it was raining a bit. There was this newer vetter hot dogging thru traffic. All of a sudden the guy lost it and spun out B A D! He came to a stop in the middle lane (which we were in), rear of the car facing the shoulder. The guy behind us kept us from hitting the brake well enough and all my step dad could say was "Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiittt![/end calm-pissed-scared tone]. At the last possible second the guy in the vette found reverse and, at WOT, backed up out of the way of the truck.

mark thorpe said:
that one was a real eye opener.. i drive exactly the same car as she had.. and i came down the road 30 seconds after the accident happened.. could so easily have been me..

Well, I'll tell you what everyone told me after I ran over a kitten. It happened from a reason. It was destined one way or another to happen that way. Nothing you could have done would have changed it. Had you left eariler, he would have hit you into her and had the same end result. I hope it helps you. It sure helped me a lot.

yea she was a short lady, with three kids that were driving her insane. when she left the pizza place she looked like she was going to kill someone, and she almost did.

Ronco Rox said:
yea she was a short lady, with three kids that were driving her insane. when she left the pizza place she looked like she was going to kill someone, and she almost did.

All I have to say to that is: If you ain't ready for madness, don't have kids. They are fun and cuddly, but than they grow up to annoy the turd outta you!

Back
Top Bottom