savings account

just to clarify, i dont want to gamble/risk anything with this money. i just wanted to earn a little interest on it to help me through uni.#in the end i chose the A + L savings account. 6.56% AER provided i dont withdraw. that means ill make atleast £130 a year, or maybe more (depends, might put more in later)

Since when do you lose cash in guv bonds?

I just asked my boss and he said no if its guv bonds.

Their is a fixed rate on them he said, and also he said you don't make much, he also told me high tax payers win more cash.

Then I asked him this: Is my money safe their? answer: yes

you tell me root? lol

The stock/bond portion is different though. You CAN lose money in an ISA if you have stocks in it. That's why they recommend you do something like a GIC or a Bond where you're guaranteed a return off your investment.

^^^^ yahoo fftw
Firstly if you just buy NS&i bonds and say you dont win anything for a year the money you invested is now worth less
i.e. you have less purchasing power you did a year ago with the ammount of money you invested this is due to inflation

also government bonds are not 100% safe as they are still traded on the stock market and so their value can increase and decrease and so you may loose money that way

the only true guaranteed way to make money is putting it in a bank IMO as even if the bank goes bust any money up to 35k is guaranteed by the government

Back
Top Bottom