Satellite Radio in car, What to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0d3_z3r0

Solid State Member
I upgraded the stock sound system in my car with a JVC KD-G320 head unit and Dual 12" subs with an amplifier, my head unit is satellite radio ready so I can add in a tuner of my choice(XM or Sirius), But I can't choose between them.

I know that XM doesn't have a contract so I can cancel anytime, but what about Sirius, I didn't find anything about if it has a contract or not.

If anyone has used both services, how are they, I'm getting payed next week and I want to install Satellite radio in my car.

Thanks
c0d3_z3r0

There was a few friends I had at school that had XM, they loved it. Don't know much about sirius though.

Personally, iI stick to using my trusty mp3 player, play the music I want, without the monthly bill. :p

The Airtran flight I was booked on to go to Florida about a month ago had XM on board, I listened to it a bit and I liked it. Thats about the extent of my experience with XM or Sirius. I know Howard Stern is on Sirius now, don't know if you like him or not.

Sirius does not get reception in ALOT of places, my brother has it for his golf cart lol. But XM is great i personally think.

Spec said:
Sirius does not get reception in ALOT of places, my brother has it for his golf cart lol. But XM is great i personally think.

Xm is good if you like Baseball. Otherwise, if you're a football fan, you're going to want to get Sirius. I have Sirius and I believe I pay $40 every 3 months. It's subscription based, so no contract. I personally love Sirius, and I will NEVER change over to XM.

Thanks for posting guys, seems like most people have XM, I'm going to use satellite radio for music and comedy shows, I don't really care much for the sports radio.
All I have to do is find the tuner to plug in the head unit locally cause I can only find them online, but i'm going to go to stores today and see if they have any in stock.

I have Sirius and I looove it. If you like heavy metal you should get sirius, hard attack is the best channel ever, all metal all the time. Actually Octane and Hard Attack pretty much cover every good song ever made, lol, if you like rock or metal go sirius. For comedy Sirius has blue collar radio and Raw dog, which are both hilarious. I choose blue collar because it has Pablo Francisco (HILARIOUS) and Frank Caliendo (also hilarious) and others like Rodney Carrington and a tooooon more. If I were you I would go sirius! And also I live way out in the sticks and I've never lost reception.

Old thread. It is locked.

compfused- this is very old, it is against the rules to bring up old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom