Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #21
In Runtime

Default Re: Sat

whats the difference between the SAT and the ACT?

intel core-i7 920 4+ GHz with the thermaltech 120 extreme with adition 120mm fan lapped. mobo: asus p6t deluxe gpu: Sapphire 5870 OCED. PSU: power pc and cooling 910 watt RAM: Corsair 6GB ddr3 1600 HDD: two 640 Gb WB Caviar in RAID 0: coolermaster haf 932 with all red fans
monitor: samsung ToC T260 roseblack 25.5" 5ms 1920x1200
pepzsoduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 AM   #22
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepzsoduh View Post
whats the difference between the SAT and the ACT?
http://www.math.com/students/kaplan/satoract.html

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #23
In Runtime

oooo i get it lol
intel core-i7 920 4+ GHz with the thermaltech 120 extreme with adition 120mm fan lapped. mobo: asus p6t deluxe gpu: Sapphire 5870 OCED. PSU: power pc and cooling 910 watt RAM: Corsair 6GB ddr3 1600 HDD: two 640 Gb WB Caviar in RAID 0: coolermaster haf 932 with all red fans
monitor: samsung ToC T260 roseblack 25.5" 5ms 1920x1200
pepzsoduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

Quote:
oooo i get it lol
I'm glad you do, because I didn't even know there was a test called the ACT before you asked.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:02 AM   #25
Daemon Poster

Quote:
whats a GED?????
General Educational Development Test (GED)

i cant remember what my scores were but i know i was in the top 5% in my town and i finished before everyone else by like 10-15 mins XD the teachers thought i just guessed at first till my score came out =P
Old 07-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
edit: Real quick my 2 cents. Standardized testing is a load of bull. I know many talented people who perform at excellent levels in school, however they're incapable of high test scores. I consider myself one those. As a quick example: I have 103% in my Calc2 class, clearly destroying it, but I can't even get a perfect on ACT/SAT middle school level math. It's absurd.
QFT.

Stardarized tests and the no child left behind act is a TOTAL waste of time. I have had a 4.0+ GPA since 7th grade and finished out my senior year of high school with like a 4.023 or something like that.

I got a 27 on my ACT. Now, that's really good, but I had people with B averages (3.0 GPAs) get 28s, 29s, and 30s. These tests do NOT predict how much you know or how educated or smart you are. There are too many variables. I am not a nervous test taker, but I'm not speedy, and that's my problem. There were so many problems that I didn't answer on the ACT that it was ridiculous. But at the same time, to get a score that high while leaving lots of blanks makes me feel good. At the end of the day, it's just a frickin' number, but it's total BS that colleges use that and the SAT to determine if you can get scholarships or even ACCEPTED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
I'm glad you do, because I didn't even know there was a test called the ACT before you asked.
LMAO. That's funny. Here in the Midwest where I live (Dakotas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin) most students only take the ACT. It just depends on where you live. Just another stupid thing about standardized tests....there's not even a standard standardized test! LMAO!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
LMAO. That's funny. Here in the Midwest where I live (Dakotas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin) most students only take the ACT. It just depends on where you live. Just another stupid thing about standardized tests....there's not even a standard standardized test! LMAO!
Schools say they look at ACT and SAT through the same lenses. Here in Kansas, the ACT is also more common. Since I perform better on the ACT than on the SAT, I think I'll just stick with it.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #28
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Schools say they look at ACT and SAT through the same lenses. Here in Kansas, the ACT is also more common. Since I perform better on the ACT than on the SAT, I think I'll just stick with it.
The thing I don't get is, if they are supposed to be slightly interchangeable, why does the SAT dock for incorrect answers and the ACT doesn't? I just filled in all the blanks on my ACT since it didn't count against me. I don't think I would do that on the SAT. Ya know? I never did get that...
Old 07-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Pretty low scores, even for a 7th grader. However, your SAT scores don't matter at all if what you say is true. If your dad really did go to Harvard, you will have no trouble getting in.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #30
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Pretty low scores, even for a 7th grader. However, your SAT scores don't matter at all if what you say is true. If your dad really did go to Harvard, you will have no trouble getting in.
Those may be low scores, but not for a 7th grader Thelis. Those are very high marks for that grade. I'd say you're the in right track Pep, keep working hard.

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote