Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #61
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
lol

i suggest with your superior knowledge of economics and how our inflation is different to your inflation you should really know the difference between € and

working in a shop doesn't teach you anything about the wider economic principles in operation , yer you might if your attentive see inflation at work , perhaps even see a bit of supply and demand at work but there is a bit more to it than that . It certainly hasn't taught you that the economies of the world powers are all interlinked
That might have been an intelligent post, if you could spell. And excuse me for not knowing the signs, I don't tend to see them in everyday America And inflation has to do with the price of gold in each country, AND, it has to do with how much money is in circulation within the economy, which is controlled by each country, so if that's what your refering to when you said "economies of the world powers are all interlinked" then that's what I have to say.
__________________

__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #62
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

I don’t see any spelling mistakes but that's by the by anyway I’m not presenting a paper in an academic circle here obviously , If I typed quickly put your instead of you're , big deal typos do and will happen

just find it interesting that you chose to quote one of this countries prime ministers in your signature and yet you don’t have a single idea about this country .Demonstrated by your lack of knowledge of something as basic as the currency , I don’t see Canadian or US dollars in everyday England however I know there is a distinct difference between them .You must excuse me anyway I just expected that if you claim to be so economically and politically engaged perhaps you would have some knowledge about some of the stronger currencies in the world .

Inflation is a bit more complex than the price of gold in the 21st century .The point I was trying to make is that in the service driven economies of the world superpowers activities in NYSE can and do have an impact on LSE and other stock exchanges, and the reverse is also true. Its no longer the case of just blaming your own government for the economic situation we where and still are in . The volatility of the price of crude oil is a perfect example showing how the price fluctuations of one commodity can cause economics problems across the globe .
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #63
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I don’t see any spelling mistakes but that's by the by anyway I’m not presenting a paper in an academic circle here obviously , I typed quickly put your instead of you're , big deal typos do and will happen

just find it interesting that you chose to quote one of this countries prime ministers in your signature and yet you don’t have a single idea about this country .Demonstrated by your lack of knowledge of something as basic as the currency , I don’t see Canadian or US dollars in everyday England however I know there is a distinct difference between them .You must excuse me anyway I just expected that if you claim to be so economically and politically engaged perhaps you would have some knowledge about some of the stronger currencies in the world .

Inflation is a bit more complex than the price of gold in the 21st century .The point I was trying to make is that in the service driven economies of the world superpowers activities in NYSE can and do have an impact on LSE and other stock exchanges, and the reverse is also true. Its no longer the case of just blaming your own government for the economic situation we where and still are in . The volatility of the price of crude oil is a perfect example showing how the price fluctuations of one commodity can cause economics problems across the globe .
I enjoy his Conservative views muz, I don't need to know about his country before I quote him. I quote our Lord Jesus Christ at school and at the workplace, but do I know about the country in which he originated from? No? And I suppose you support the braindead Piers Morgan? He's from England! See, I do know something about your country . And I did not only say it was the gold, I also said it had to do with the dollars in the hands of the public. And how did you go from inflation to the NYSE? And the reason the price of crude oil is so high in this country and why it fluctuates is because our president refuses to do on shore drilling, instead we're buying it from Iran, Saudi, and other countries in that area, who HATE us and are charging us through the roof for it, and our president puts limits on where the gas companies can put the price of their product. Perhaps it's you that's the ill informed one....
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #64
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
I enjoy his Conservative views muz, I don't need to know about his country before I quote him. I quote our Lord Jesus Christ at school and at the workplace, but do I know about the country in which he originated from? No? And I suppose you support the braindead Piers Morgan? He's from England! See, I do know something about your country . And I did not only say it was the gold, I also said it had to do with the dollars in the hands of the public. And how did you go from inflation to the NYSE? And the reason the price of crude oil is so high in this country and why it fluctuates is because our president refuses to do on shore drilling, instead we're buying it from Iran, Saudi, and other countries in that area, who HATE us and are charging us through the roof for it, and our president puts limits on where the gas companies can put the price of their product. Perhaps it's you that's the ill informed one....
It might be an idea if you purport to know so much about economics to find out about some of the stronger currencies in the world . The world is a little bit bigger than the good ole 'murica .
As a matter of a fact I do not support Piers Morgan , in this country he is something of a laughing stock .Something to do with his loss of integrity whilst he was attempting to be a "journalist" over here . That is why he has ended up over there trying to pull the wool over your eyes , much easier than it is to do with citizens of this country I suspect .

Anyway I was talking about NYSE and the LSE because I was talking about how our economies and indeed those of some more world superpowers are interlinked . The situation you now find yourselves in as a country is not unique and is also not just down to your own government .

Whilst it is true that you pay so much for oil because you buy it from the middle east , we also buy oil from the middle east and gas from Russia and pay similarly inflated prices so do a lot of other world powers that is why our economies and fuel prices across the world are so volatile there is only 1 source and there is a huge demand for it , its not simply because they hate you its very basic supply and demand the more people that want the crude oil , the higher that price you are required to pay for it .

I was aware of all of this I was just making the wider point that something as simple as the price for a barrel of oil can have crippling economic effects worldwide because we are all so reliant on crude oil we are all interlinked by our thirst for this crude oil and our need to get it from 1 place

The problem with blaming your current president for not allowing onshore drilling is oil prices have been high and onshore drilling has been an option for much longer than you have had him as your president so the blame doesn't just solely rest with 1 man there unfortunately .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #65
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
It might be an idea if you purport to know so much about economics to find out about some of the stronger currencies in the world . The world is a little bit bigger than the good ole 'murica .
As a matter of a fact I do not support Piers Morgan , in this country he is something of a laughing stock .Something to do with his loss of integrity whilst he was attempting to be a "journalist" over here . That is why he has ended up over there trying to pull the wool over your eyes , much easier than it is to do with citizens of this country I suspect .

Anyway I was talking about NYSE and the LSE because I was talking about how our economies and indeed those of some more world superpowers are interlinked . The situation you now find yourselves in as a country is not unique and is also not just down to your own government .

Whilst it is true that you pay so much for oil because you buy it from the middle east , we also buy oil from the middle east and gas from Russia and pay similarly inflated prices so do a lot of other world powers that is why our economies and fuel prices across the world are so volatile there is only 1 source and there is a huge demand for it , its not simply because they hate you its very basic supply and demand the more people that want the crude oil , the higher that price you are required to pay for it .

I was aware of all of this I was just making the wider point that something as simple as the price for a barrel of oil can have crippling economic effects worldwide because we are all so reliant on crude oil we are all interlinked by our thirst for this crude oil and our need to get it from 1 place

The problem with blaming your current president for not allowing onshore drilling is oil prices have been high and onshore drilling has been an option for much longer than you have had him as your president so the blame doesn't just solely rest with 1 man there unfortunately .
Gas prices weren't a problem under Bush, Reagan and the other Bush. Gas prices seem to change with the side the president is on. And I know different countries are economically linked, otherwise we wouldn't function, would we? And I really have no reason to know about the other currencies about the world, because I obviously can't use them here. And the last time I checked, we are some of the few who buy from the middle east. Why are we? Because we like "diplomacy".
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #66
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

yes because gas prices didn't increase during the terms of any republican president . Did the world just imagine the surge in oil prices following some of this infamous American "diplomacy" after the 2003 invasion of iraq which Bush led ?

You cant just track the price of crude oil to the president of your own country , being an international commodity its price is susceptible to a number of influences

as for other currencies , if you ever truly want to fully understand economics understanding currency markets is important , sure you cant spend our good old GBP ,Euros or Japanese Yen in the USA but you can trade in any open currency anywhere in the world . And the strength of a currency against other currencies is an important economic marker
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #67
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
yes because gas prices didn't increase during the terms of any republican president . Did the world just imagine the surge in oil prices following some of this infamous American "diplomacy" after the 2003 invasion of iraq which Bush led ?

You cant just track the price of crude oil to the president of your own country , being an international commodity its price is susceptible to a number of influences

as for other currencies , if you ever truly want to fully understand economics understanding currency markets is important , sure you cant spend our good old GBP ,Euros or Japanese Yen in the USA but you can trade in any open currency anywhere in the world . And the strength of a currency against other currencies is an important economic marker
And how would that help me understand economics exactly?
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #68
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

knowing the signs of a strong economy , of which currency is one are important when assessing economic strength . Not to mention its obvious importance when dealing with international trade which is also important economically .
Im not saying it is the only thing you use to asses economic strength but it is certainly an important consideration especially between two trading countries .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #69
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
knowing the signs of a strong economy , of which currency is one are important when assessing economic strength . Not to mention its obvious importance when dealing with international trade which is also important economically .
Im not saying it is the only thing you use to asses economic strength but it is certainly an important consideration especially between two trading countries .
That first part doesn't make sense. The Yen is worth not very much at all but the chinese economy is pretty strong
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #70
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Yen not Yuan .
yeah whilst 1 yen is not worth a lot that isn't the correct way to assess a currency you need to look at what a yen buys you in japan as well . The yen went through a massive period of improvement , which was indicative of the strengthening of japans economy . The yen now is one of the bigger currencies used in international trade .
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0