Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #101
MMM
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: !!
Posts: 699
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post

The AR 15 is NOT an assault rifle. Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Do you even own a gun? And safety issues are the same with that firearm as any other. And it is an ideal weapon of choice. What's the difference between the Remington R25 and the Browning BAR in .308 Winchester? Not a thing

Really!
I think you should look up the definitions of an assault rifle & your AR 15 has military design all over it., start googling!
On another note I do own guns, I do hunt & no I have no need of that type of weapon you own.

Any how you have your opinion I have mine.
__________________

MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #102
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Really!
I think you should look up the definitions of an assault rifle & your AR 15 has military design all over it., start googling!
On another note I do own guns, I do hunt & no I have no need of that type of weapon you own.
Ignoring looks, what makes the semi-auto version that civilians can by an assault rifle? In the end, what makes it any worse than any other "hunting" semi-auto rifle?
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #103
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
I looked through all my posts and I don't think I said that AR stood for assault riffle, I never mentioned the word assault...

However, the AR-15 does appear on this http://www.infohow.org/wp-content/up...s-Carbines.jpg big poster of assault riffles.

this is where the confusion comes from.

the military version, is an assault riffle, it's got a selector for semi automatic, or fully automatic/burst fire.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (see the first sentence of that article.)


so it's understandable that those who don't know, may say that an AR-15 is an assault riffle. on the other hand it's understandable that those who own one will say that they are not.

essentially there are two variants, military, - which IS an assault riffle, and civillian -which lacks automatic fire mode and therefore CANNOT be an assault riffle...

(that's a simple end to that argument, you're technically both right).

in this conversation it's pretty clear that we're talking about (legal) civilian ownership, - so only YoungIT is right, it's not an assault riffle...



however, just to re-muddy those waters.
the AR-15 is an assault weapon, as defined by the 1994 laws.
Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

see the background -scarily like Sandy hook right, as well as the criteria for naming, of which the AR-15 fits pretty well. (though that particular gun did remain legal).


And when you want to get political about it, and say that it's the liberals who want to ban guns,
who banned the import of semi automatic riffles in 1989? (Bush Snr)
Who saw the bill going through during their last days of their presidents that banned "assault weapons" - (bush snr) -the bill was signed into law by Clinton on his first day.
you may want to think about who was president, in 94 (Bush snr) whilst that was getting drawn up, and who supported that ban with letters of support from ford, and regan. then check the colour of their party... it's not only the "liberals" who think that not all weapons are good weapons...



I'll meet you half way here.
If you want to use an ar-15 for target shooting -then sure go ahead, surely it's a great gun.

If you want to use an AR-15 for pest control -shooting rats in a corn field, then go ahead, that's not sport that's utilitarian pest control.

If you want to use an AR-15 for sport hunting/stalking prey then I don't consider it a sporting choice, a real old school riffle is a sporting choice, and the reason it is a sporting choice is that you get a single shot, you have to develop skill, you have to overcome nerves and adrenaline, you have to master the activity in a way that you just don't when there are 20 other rounds ready to go just in case you miss.

If you want to use an AR-15 for hunting elephants in the hope that you'll just shoot it a bunch of times, then that's not only not sporting but rather inhumane.



Regarding the stuff in that article you linked,
I'm still unconvinced, who is this guy? is he really the best authority? did he have authority to actually get information on this? even under freedom of information acts there are usually tests either of public interest, or whether you should be entitled to the information at all.

If YOU go request that information, -in the proper way, and then you receive a rejection to your FOI request, and you post that reason here then I'll be more convinced,

A rejection of application for information does not mean that there has definitely been a cover up.
You don't need a source of that information, nothing is good enough for you is it? And if you need sources, look at the bottom of the page and it lists its resources... Like this,

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/02...s-and-players/
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #104
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Really!
I think you should look up the definitions of an assault rifle & your AR 15 has military design all over it., start googling!
On another note I do own guns, I do hunt & no I have no need of that type of weapon you own.

Any how you have your opinion I have mine.
Haha you're so ignorant! An assault rifle is a rifle you can switch between semi auto AND BUST OR FULL AUTO! If you do own guns, you shouldn't be as uneducated about firearms!

What's the difference between these two rifles???

One thing. One has a scope the other doesn't

Like I said before, admit you're wrong and it'll be a lot easier on you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Browning BAR.jpg (4.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Remington R15.jpg (5.9 KB, 2 views)
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #105
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
You don't need a source of that information, nothing is good enough for you is it? And if you need sources, look at the bottom of the page and it lists its resources... Like this,

Sandy Hook: Free homes and “big bucks” incentives for leaders and players | Veterans Today
No, it's not good enough.

My points are:

1, this is in a lot of ways just like the whole 9/11 thing.
You know where people said yeah, well jet fuel burns at this temperature and steel melts at that temperature, so the building couldn't possibly have been weakened by fire and so must have been destroyed by the government...

I.e it's easy for someone who is uneducated to make the claim that xyz either scientific or process driving thing should have happened. that may not happen in all cases. and then extraordinarily easy for a bunch of muppets on the internet to latch onto that.

a great example of this is the idea that paramedics weren't able to get into the building, my girlfriend works as an ambulance technician, (EMT)
lets say that you're involved in a situation of domestic abuse or violence, lets assume that your father has gotten drunk and shot you with your AR-15, you'd think that the ambulance would come straight away right, and tend to your wounds.
actually what they'll do is come somewhere to the near area, and wait for the police. -that is their process. they wait for the danger to pass wait for the area to be made safe etc.

So in this situation, you're dead, you're mum is distraught and moves away. you're dads in jail. and one of your idiot neighbours is saying things like, well there was no ambulance outside, just one parked a quarter mile away. so it *MUST* be a conspiracy.

Can you see the striking similarities between the sandy hook shootings and the scenario laid out above?



the second reason, any why I set you the homework task of applying for that information yourself is so you can see exactly what happens and the processes that you need to go through.

the guy who wrote that article and made a you tube video may very well be an authority on school safety, (notice that doesn't mean authority on THIS schools policy, ambulance or doctors/coroners procedures. but until he's *officially* investigating the sandy hook shootings, then he's just a regular member of the public. -just like you, and there is no reason that he should be given ANY information.
as for police procedures, he may have been a FORMER state trooper in Florida, -as far as I can see that doesn't give him much insight into the CURRENT procedures and practices in a completely different state

and freedom of information requests may fail because the information contained may be personal, or may not be in the public interest.

which is why I suggested to you that you apply for that information yourself, then you will get 1st hand knowledge of the reasons that requests are denied. -this guy only says that the requests are denied, and doesn't say why. which leads idle minds to immediately jump on board with a conspiracy theory agenda. oddly enough the exact agenda that this guy is pushing.

and besides which it takes what *seconds* of googling to find another person with just as impressive of a resume that can refute the claims he made.

Refuting Wolfgang Halbig, a Sandy Hook “truther” | chrishernandezauthor



lastly...
am I impressed that the guy was an expert witness. -no not really, because I'm also registered as a person that can be an expert witness (in this country we call it license to approach the bar).

now, you think I'm a massive fool/complete idiot. (and that's ok you're entitled to your opinion). but consider how low that sets the bar in your eyes on those that can testify in court as an expert witness...
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #106
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Oh wait there's more...

lets also look at Wolfgang Halbig double standards on releasing information.
or claiming one thing which meaning another.


He claims to have served a life time as a police man?
nah, he spend 3 years as highway patrol, there is pretty little chance he was EVER involved in the kind of thing that happened as a police man there.

and besides which as the article I linked said, he's full of crap anyway, at one point he basically calls EVERY police office who attended the scene a liar, and then he says that police are all sworn officials who can't tell lies.

I'm sure we've all seen "cops" and we all see the police making really stupid mistakes or saying something that later turns out to be a mistake, -and they broadcast that right to our homes.


but then he also goes on to say how holding back ANY evidence is proof of a cover up.

Well after the Littleton shooting Halbig suggested that it was a big problem that the police isn't have blueprints of the schools available.

Police To Get School Floor Plans - Orlando Sentinel
Quote:
A private company has offered to produce the floor plans at no cost, Halbig said.

He declined to identify the company, but he added that the owner has children who attend county schools.
What? he refuses to say what company will be involved?

then by his very own standards of proof and evidence, he's nothing but a no good dirty liar, and it must surely mean that there was no Littleton shooting and it's all conspiracy? -no? thought not.

well that slams one of his "proofs" right away. he knows very well why companies involved in public contracts might not want to be named, either for their or the local authorities sake.





in a surprising turn about the point I made earlier about YOU requesting that freedom of information and finding out the real reasons.

Wolfgang Halbig’s Quest for Truth « Memory Hole

about half way down, whilst the ever professional Wolfgang is sending abusive emails to everyone he can find, (seriously even the FBI in Boston) and whilst he's lying claiming to be the official chief investigator etc he's told in plain English that the reason that documents are not released to him is that they are exempt from the FOI legislation.
-as many documents are.
(for example I can't request your bank details usign FOI).

Later he makes that claim that (rather than being the official investigator) this information is needed
Quote:
This is my research project for my Doctorate so please provide this information.
which is a lie, he'd need to be registered as a student somewhere.

speaking of students and schools
in the comments of this thread
Sandy Hook Game-Changer: Solid New Evidence of a Cover-Up Presented

a person claims to have spoken to a local person who says

Quote:
Eric Pete matt mendillo • a month ago

Why, yes I do live in Connecticut, I did when this theatre went down anyway. I asked EVERYone I saw, everyday, in Newtown after 'it' happened, if ANYone knew what the names were of the people who allegedly died. NO one knew anyone they mentioned on the news. NO one could give me a name. A nice lady on the street told me that Sandy Hook has not even been in operation for quite some time "which kind of confused me" she said.."I thought, maybe they opened up the school that week,for a benefit or raffle, because of the traffic she noticed that usually dont travel that heavy and convene there"(s.h, elementary) So, do YOU live in Connecticut?? Live by Newtown?? Have you ever heard of Modified social programming for the betterment of America?? Or how about "Turnaround towns"?? No, I guess not, since they are Deep Black projects and wont be on your Google. This has been going on since Eisenhower. Yes, my dead father was project leader in some Deep Black Projects (DBP's).
and this is a bit weird because that building has existed for quite a long time.
Newtown Public Schools - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this sort of thing only adds to the problem. there are people at home so desperate for it to be a conspiracy that they sit at home making up lies...
of course it's also shown to be a lie as Halbig himself is asking for reinspection reports from the school in his (poorly made) FOI requests for years 1997-2012 (yeah, sure the school only just opened)

now lets take a closer look at his "expert witness" status.
if someone is called as an expert witness you have to ask questions as to why they are needed, and what are their expertise.
is this guy an expert in school safety, or was he called as a witness because that was just his job at the time?

yeah, he was called as a witness in columbine trials given that he was in charge of school planning for disasters such as that in Colorado.

so... with that in mind, is he really an expert on procedures in Connecticut?

you see again we have two possible outcomes.
either procedures are uniform and national (e.g. everyone everywhere has the same procedures) in which case the guy is a witness, but it raises further questions of why a national standard would need a person in charge of the safety in that state.
(i.e if there is a national standard at all, he basically wouldn't have had a job)
and if there is not a regional standard then he can claim to be an expert in Colorado, but how will he be an expert in Connecticut? -where policies are bound to have differences. -albeit minor differences.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/wol...ndy-hook.3129/

there's a bit of stuff there.
turns out that a lot of his "credentials" aren't worth the paper that they weren't written on.

sure, he's the head of "National Institute for School and Workplace Safety"
but that's his OWN company that he started.

it's basically like saying,
I've just started the interNational Institute for School and Workplace Safety. I'm the head so I know more than him.

Or it's like saying I've started the institute for all that's true on the internet, so you can believe what I'm saying because I'm the head of that.


there was some source saying he had 36 years experiance as a principal...
SANDY HOOK IS OUR LAST CHANCE TO STOP THE LIES
Quote:
Who is Wolfgang Halbig?

A former Florida State Trooper, who spent 36 years as a school administrator (including as assistant principal and principal) and a nationally recognized authority on school safety (who also served as an expert witness in the Columbine shooting case), has an impressive biographical sketch, which I am providing here. He is by far the most highly qualified expert to address the questions raised by the Sandy Hook “event”:
but how does he get that?
well in the early 70's he seemed to have had a hell of a time (according to HIS emails) serving in nam (man).
but according to the newspapers he enjoyed being sent around the country by the airforce playing power volleyball, (which he told the papers - Discipline Key To Halbig's Coaching Strategy - Orlando Sentinel)
well he was a state trooper from 1974 - 1977. (no mater that's still 36 years till 2013 right...

well...
in 1988 he was a girls team volleyball coach. (see previous link).

by the time 1999 gets here he's got his national safety in the school and workplace company that he started, then that was dissolved by 2003
so... ummm, there really isn't time for him to have been a principal, let alone one with thirty odd years experience.

certainly he's worked within schools, certainly he's been a state trooper for a bit, and he's started companies that get him access to schools, but he's certainly not go 36 year experience working in schools, that's a lie that he's told.

(I'll admit that your evidence IS compelling, but only IF you take it at face value, and don't bother to question it. as soon as you start to actually pick apart his "claims" you see that there are valid reasons for most if not all the "evidence of conspiracy" that he creates. then you start to notice things like, he misses out vital information...
He claims that information is being surpressed. than he's being intimidated by the police.
whereas the truth, he has no legal right to that information, it's not up to him when it gets to be publicised, there is actually a law that prevents that information being publicised. and he's going around sending hundreds of emails to anyone who will or will not listen. then you pick apart his credentials, and you find that they are pretty talked up by him. he's had a series of jobs, none of which he seems to have been able to stick at.
and seems to make a company to give himself a position of authority. -but just starting a company doesn't actually make you the authority on that.

in 1999 he was working for his own national institute of workplace and school safety.



just the same as earlier in this thread, knowing a bit about something doesn't make any one of us an authority.

so what we're left with is the sad fact that this guy is a fat sack of shit who's drifted through life seemingly unable to hold onto any kind of job for any length of time. who now spends his days harassing the families of murder victims and making youtube videos claiming authority on things he knows very little about.

and the thing that makes that worse is that everywhere I seem to look he's asking people to dig deep and donate to his cause for the truth...
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #107
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,999
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

oh, before anyone asks...
SANDY HOOK IS OUR LAST CHANCE TO STOP THE LIES

says there was asbestos in the school.

having worked in Many (Many) buildings that contain asbestos, and having been born long after asbestosis was confirmed as a real thing, it should not come as a surprise that people may be in buildings each and every day that contain the material.

any five seconds of google searching will tell you that it's only toxic in dust for and also only whilst air born.

(so again, not recognising these simple -and pretty damned well known facts, should cause you to question the guy as an authoritative source of information!)
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #108
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

I kind of stopped reading when I got to this

Quote:
which has turned over 100,000 CT residents into FELONS because the stand on the US Constitution and refuse to hand over their firearms to their fascist state
Anybody that lives in the western world in the 21st century has no business using the term fascist to describe their state . You might disagree with a lot of what your government does as is your absolute right . But to use the term fascist to describe then is a massive insult to all of those in history who have actually suffered at the hands of real fascism .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #109
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I kind of stopped reading when I got to this



Anybody that lives in the western world in the 21st century has no business using the term fascist to describe their state . You might disagree with a lot of what your government does as is your absolute right . But to use the term fascist to describe then is a massive insult to all of those in history who have actually suffered at the hands of real fascism .
Compared to the rights were are said to have in the Constitution, yes this is a Fascist government. If you disagree with Obama (Tea Party Conservatives) he sends his goons after you (the IRS). If you look up certain things on the internet, you are now on the FBI watch list. You can't have a text or calling conversation without the NSA monitoring what you are saying or typing. He is also using the "Executive Order" to implement things he KNOWS the American people disagree with. Need I say more?
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #110
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Sandy Hook Shooting

Okay root, I get it, you don't think Sandy Hook is a hoax, but I still do. Whether or not the information is there, I've read some pretty deep things into how and why this hoax was made. But the one thing still stands in my mind, why were only 5 bodies ever examined, and why only 5 bodies and by whom? Officials will not release the name of the name of the person who declared the children dead, and an AR was found in the shooters car? And why were all the houses bought for no money, on the same day?
__________________

__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0