Sandy Hook Shooting

The Gulf of Tonkin made headlines and we went to war over it.
~40 years later it was stated that it was indeed a hoax and completely fabricated.
It didn't make headlines that time.

You better read that again & understand what it is saying with the two dates quoted, don't twist the facts.

Now I'm done here.

You better read that again & understand what it is saying with the two dates quoted, don't twist the facts.

That shoe is certainly on the other foot my friend. We sank fishing boats in an attempt to start a war. It worked, people died and then uncle sam said "oops! I'm sorry" and everyone collectively sighed "Uncle Saaaaaam!" with a cute cartoon outro.

Here's some more patriotic reading for you. Although I'm thinking you'll believe the official story on this one too and not that of the survivors. I mean, I've always had trouble distinguishing between an American and Egyptian flag...

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the NRA does none of that! The NRA is for the Preservation of the Second Amendment of the constitution. And an AR-15 is not a bad choice for most hunting where I live. A groundhog, a coyote, or even a Wild Boar is awesome hunting with the AR. How about you get your facts about why I shouldn't use an AR for hunting? That would be wonderful :)
Whilst the NRA are principally a lobying group they at least purport to teach good gun use and gun control. thus I supect that whilst the organisation might not offer guidelines, it's members certainly would have something to say about choices of hunting weapons.

Ha! You said an AR Style rifle is ridiculous for hunting! Maybe you should step out of the city and see what happens in the country side.

You know nothing about hunting............ :facepalm:
Hmm. most "pro" and "good" hunters tend to use and recommend regular bolt riffles.
I can't see why you believe you need a semi automatic weapon for simple hunting tasks?

I mean the same calibre bullet should have the same stopping power regardless of the gun it's fired from (in principal, barrel length and riffling etc asside)

you seem to think that you need unlimitted shots in order to hit a target? -it seems that you are the one who doesn't know a lot about hunting?

after all...
Gun control is hitting what you aim at.
I can't help but agree with that.

your need for unlimitted shots whilst hunting just makes me think that you need more time at the range before going out. not that people who can't hit a target need large magazines and semi auto weapons.

Katrina “Gun Confiscationâ€￾ – My Experience | The Bang Switch

seems a marine who was there had a different experience. anyway I'm done with this thread now.
All that article says is that:
just as everyone else said some sort of "Marshal law" was put in place. -badly
and that the guy saw questionable things and did nothing
and that he knew that there were gun confiscations happenning and did nothing.

nobody ever suggestted that everyone was taking guns. just that guns were taken.
by unknown agencies (i.e not local people) and that the administration of the act of the taking of guns was very poor -i.e serial numbers were not recorded and thus some guns were impossible to return.

This guy saw people breaking the law, and did nothing to try to uphold either the law or constitution.
(has any kind of charge ever been brought to anyone over these actions?)

Obama would go to any extent to try and get bans on certain guns just for him to be able to say he did it and be a hero to the other liberals to come. Obama is a menace and he is tearing our country apart everyday he is in office. His contribution to the national debt is more than all the other presidents combined......
why do you think he wants to be a hero?

he's the first black president, and whatever YOU think of him, he IS going in history books.
your kids will learn about him, and their kids, and grand kids so on and so fourth.

he doesn't need to be a hero, he's nearly half way through his second term, there is essentially nothing left to prove or do, in a year or so he'll wind down and be effectivly replaced by whoever want's to be it next.

So far as debt goes, he had a HUGE hand in that from the previous government who over spend, massed up debt and added a deficite and committed to spending, such that the pile of debt could only grow. couple that with a global recession where just about every single country ended up in a worse place than they started seven years ago and I'm not sure what you think could have been done better?

a better question is to ask is how in the near decade of unprecidented world growth that happened before how the republican party managed to turn around a trend of falling debt to GDP ratios (i.e running a surplus) and turn that into a running a budget that ran a deficite, with very little improvement to liveing standards?

I assume that you are in favour of higher taxes?
or lower public services in order to reduce the debt -and I mean accross the board, you don't get to cherry pick what ones! because that's the scale of the problem that we're talking here!

no, thought not. but it makes a great sound bite for the rest of all the uneducated masses who make their voting decisions based on soundbites. right?

(also does that contribution to debt include inflation.?)

but...
History of the United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even wikipedia shows that Obama's not all that bad.

first it proves what I'd said about the previous republican admin taking a suprless (clintons admin ended in less debt so the budget ran surpluss meaning that they were able to pay off some debt) Bush's budget rand a deficite - i.e he spent money that he did not have.

anyway, regards budgets...
firstly, "total debt" is not specifically terrible when expressed as a dollar amount.

For example, I imagine you to be around the age of 14, therefore with your only income being based on that of delivering papers etc, owning a $500 on a credit card would be a terribly bad thing. -
Fristly you're earning like $20 a week, so it's half a years money there (like ALL your money), so by the time you've also got the stuff you need to buy, and paid off a small amount, added interest etc, it's going to take you perhaps 5 years to pay off that...

Whilst for a person in work... well, a $500 loan is pretty easy to pay off, it might mean cutting back for a bit, not going out drinking for a month. -in other words it's easily do able.

the point isn't that the loan amounts are different, they are the same.
but the loan amount compared to income (or produce) are different.

to your paper round salary $500 is loads, to a working person with a real job, it's not that much.

File:US Federal Debt as Percent of GDP by President.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus yes, in Dollars as a cold hard number it's the biggest debt.
but given that GDP is also growing it's not that bad.

Bush's increase debt to GDP percentage was 20% Obamas is 18% i.e spending increases ARE flattenning out.

long story short, Obama may have the biggest number of dollars debt added (is that added for inflation as well?) but it's not a terrible thing for two reasons.
1, the ability to pay is greater, coming out of a recession with controlled spending is actually a pretty good thing.
2, the value of money has decreased due to inflation.

i.e 30 years ago my parents bought a house for £19,000, that same house is worth £210,000 now. (though they don't live there any more)
at the time they bought that £19k house they did so with a 25 year mortgage, right now you'd pay about £1k per month to live there in rent (based on simillar houses in the area).

the same is true of most things, having gone up in value.
thus if you allow for inflation then the 1.4 trillion that bush (snr) added to national debt in the 80's adjusted for today would actually be something like 14 - 16 trillion.

I suspect that nobody read this far down.

Whilst the NRA are principally a lobying group they at least purport to teach good gun use and gun control. thus I supect that whilst the organisation might not offer guidelines, it's members certainly would have something to say about choices of hunting weapons.

While I agree for what I do, bolt action, or low-capacity semi-autos are fine (I don't need 30 rounds for deer hunting). However there are uses for 30-round magazines and an AR-15 for hunting. WHile CNN is usually aligned with the gun-control stuff on these issues, they did do this story during all of the AR-15 ban talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKgTjUD69U&noredirect=1

I'm not for higher taxes, and taxes should be reduced on upper class and wealthy people. An regardless, I doubt anyone on this forum but a handful including I actually know what firearms to use, and I do have a bolt action rifle thank you very much, but I would rather hunt with an AR. And what you experience in the field cannot be prepared by what you do at the gun range. When you have a coyote dead in your sights, the adrenaline starts going and you have a good chance of making a very poor shot. That's why an AR is a good choice in case you make a bad shot, because they have low recoil and you can fire again if you missed! And one thing I noticed root, is that you're using Euro signs. Your inflation is different than our inflation, and I bet your media is portraying Obama a little different to you all. Fact of the matter is, we're in debt up to our ears, our economy may be coming back, but we still have to pay our debt back, and that will hurt the economy whenever, and if we decide to start paying it back. Haha, and root, until you've shot 53 groundhogs in a summer and 12 coyotes a winter I wouldn't be saying I'm the one that doesn't know anything about hunting :) . And didn't jmacavali say no more personal attacks??

Oh, and to add to it, I'm 17 working minimum wage in a grocery store and I spend my summer, spring and fall months on the family farms, so what are you trying to explain to me? That I don't know anything? You see a lot of people working in retail, you learn a lot in retail, you tend to learn how economics work. I've gone through all the advanced history classes in high school, I've done non stop political and economic research, so don't be beatin' a dead horse

I'm not for higher taxes, and taxes should be reduced on upper class and wealthy people. An regardless, I doubt anyone on this forum but a handful including I actually know what firearms to use, and I do have a bolt action rifle thank you very much, but I would rather hunt with an AR. And what you experience in the field cannot be prepared by what you do at the gun range. When you have a coyote dead in your sights, the adrenaline starts going and you have a good chance of making a very poor shot. That's why an AR is a good choice in case you make a bad shot, because they have low recoil and you can fire again if you missed! And one thing I noticed root, is that you're using Euro signs. Your inflation is different than our inflation, and I bet your media is portraying Obama a little different to you all. Fact of the matter is, we're in debt up to our ears, our economy may be coming back, but we still have to pay our debt back, and that will hurt the economy whenever, and if we decide to start paying it back. Haha, and root, until you've shot 53 groundhogs in a summer and 12 coyotes a winter I wouldn't be saying I'm the one that doesn't know anything about hunting :) . And didn't jmacavali say no more personal attacks??

I don't believe there were dead kids at all.

The Victim(s?):
The girl that was plastered all over TV as being dead? She appeared with Obama and her "family" (also known crisis actors). They mixed up the girl who died and let the 'dead' girl appear on TV... in the very dress they showed her in when she was identified as a victim!

The School:
The shots they used on TV where they showed ambulances and people on stretchers were a full MILE away from the school, down a hill. Did they roll the people on stretchers a mile down a hill to the ambulance?

The Mother:
They said the kids mother worked at the school, then she was a substitute, then a helper... every school official said they'd never heard of her.

She was an avid shooter? Why did she leave an AR-15 unguarded with fully loaded magazines 'everywhere?' Any firearm owner will tell you that's stupid. I have a single loaded magazine for home defense, locked up with the firearm, and all other weapons' magazine are empty, ammunition elsewhere.

The Neighbor:
There was one guy who appeared on TV (also found to be a crisis actor) that said he found children on his driveway... his driveway was farther away than where the police and ambulances were staged/filmed. How did three kids run past the barrier? His timeline of events is also contradictory to the police report.

No, no... this whole story wreaks of fear mongering garbage. The shooting in CO? Let's not get into that one! I can say that a friend of mine was there, and he said there were two shooters, not just a crazy poor medical student who magically came into possession of over a half a million dollars worth of military gear (not available to the public).

This is all very much a planned timeline of events, any way you cut it. Did you know that foreign troops were traveling door to door in New Orleans after Katrina confiscating firearms? They were also being trained in the streets of Chicago to do the same. This country is being systematically bled dry and dismantled. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but the facts are all around you.

Re: Gun Control
If all guns were outlawed, would that make criminals any less able to commit crime? No, it would make innocent people less defended.

TWA 800
9/11
Iraq
This list can go on for days.
I love this thread.. I see 3 (4) people with real knowledge, iPwn, YoungIT included. I haven't read all of the new pages, so much reading..:whistling: But It's great to see people like iPwn know something. I know exactly where iPwn got his resources here, and I can tell you all, it IS credible, not some made up stuff by some nobody. And it's also nice to see how a young person such as youngIT also has knowledge, and doesn't just fall into the brainwashing scheme of the Gov. As for the posts from Jrl (or what ever the name was. (regarding Criminals getting weapons legally and so on. I had to show that to my family. Really, this is a thread worth showcasing. At least this page.Anyways, I think I can see iPwn as a knowledgeable friend when it comes to these situations ^^. :)

I love this thread.. I see 3 (4) people with real knowledge, iPwn, YoungIT included. I haven't read all of the new pages, so much reading..:whistling: But It's great to see people like iPwn know something. I know exactly where iPwn got his resources here, and I can tell you all, it IS credible, not some made up stuff by some nobody. And it's also nice to see how a young person such as youngIT also has knowledge, and doesn't just fall into the brainwashing scheme of the Gov. As for the posts from Jrl (or what ever the name was. (regarding Criminals getting weapons legally and so on. I had to show that to my family. Really, this is a thread worth showcasing. At least this page.Anyways, I think I can see iPwn as a knowledgeable friend when it comes to these situations ^^. :)

That brainwashing has taken a lot of teens in my area, and it's turned them into liberal drones, and you can't argue with them, because you can't argue with stupid!

And one thing I noticed root, is that you're using Euro signs.

lol :lol:

i suggest with your superior knowledge of economics and how our inflation is different to your inflation you should really know the difference between € and £

working in a shop doesn't teach you anything about the wider economic principles in operation , yer you might if your attentive see inflation at work , perhaps even see a bit of supply and demand at work but there is a bit more to it than that . It certainly hasn't taught you that the economies of the world powers are all interlinked

Back
Top Bottom