Samsung Galaxy Tab

hemp

Daemon Poster
I am thinking of getting one when they come out. I just need to know if it is worth the money, or if there is another tab I should get. I am not looking to spend more than around $400 on it. I mainly want it to have internet access when I am out of the house and to be able to type on for school.

I'm pretty sure it's tied with a contract, so it's going to cost a bit more than $400.

It's $600 off contract, and it is not worth it at all. I played with one in the t mobile store. It felt cheap, and it runs really sluggish for such a device. It's cool, but nowhere near $600 cool.

If you want a good android tablet, I suggest the archos 101 or 70. They are a whole lot cheaper (about $300), are about equally powerful (1 GHz ARM cortex A8), and there is a massive community. They also have the best media player of any android tablet and they have a kickstand for video viewing.

I've played with the galaxy tab - and I was pretty impressed with it. I didn't find it at all sluggish... and i'm normally fairly sensitive to that kind of thing.

I saw a news article about it and I was like I want that for Christmas now haha. I don't have my heart set on it, I just would like to get a tablet that is somewhat cheaper in price so I have that for my family roadtrip on Christmas. I will check out the Archos tabs now.

Edit: I have been looking at the Archos 101 and I am pretty sure that is what I want now. Where would I get one of these, and I couldn't find the price on the 16gb model.

You will need to get the 101 online, I havent seen it any stores yet. Google shopping turns up a few results.

Get the 8GB model unless the difference is less than $20. You can always add a memory card.

Ya I won't need that much space since I won't be storing music on there. I may store some videos, but not much at all. Do you know what kind of input it has? Like could I plug a portable hard drive into at all?

It's cool to play with, but I still prefer a notebook/laptop, I wouldn't know what to do with a tab, except browse some web sites and enjoy the pinch to zoom :p

Back
Top Bottom