Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostFL View Post
ATTENTION ALL:


I OWN THiS PLACE.
Think again

__________________

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
ghostFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Think again

Umm...


I OWN THIS PLACE, PLEASE?


__________________

__________________
dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"


David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
Daemon Poster
 
ilovepcs25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 995
Default Re: Salute.

nope lol try harder
ilovepcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostFL View Post
Umm...


I OWN THIS PLACE, PLEASE?


You asked nicely, it's yours, but only for the next 5 minutes...
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
ghostFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: Salute.

WOOHOO!

As standing OWNER of CF.Org, the first thing I am going to do is give EVERYONE reputation beyond repute.

Except JogaBonito... He is a tool box and will receive 1 million neg reps.


+ FREE COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!
__________________
dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"


David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
Fully Optimized
 
DefCon_!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,733
Send a message via AIM to DefCon_!1! Send a message via MSN to DefCon_!1!
Default Re: Salute.

__________________
Gigabyte Z68X-UD4
i5 2500k 4.5ghz with H100 Cooling
2x 560ti @ 950mhz
DefCon_!1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #27
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostFL View Post
WOOHOO!

As standing OWNER of CF.Org, the first thing I am going to do is give EVERYONE reputation beyond repute.

Except JogaBonito... He is a tool box and will receive 1 million neg reps.


+ FREE COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!
WHAT!?

edit: never mind...your 5 minutes were up 25 minutes ago...
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #28
In Runtime
 
xguynameddavex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 442
Default Re: Salute.

Sorry for the late response but...


BROOKFIELD:

You still have twisted view on all this, now you think that some of the children were possibly those who normally bear arms aginst the allied forces, maybe, but they weren't on this occasion, that's the point, now, you are within a hair's breadth of a week or longer ban, strike two, don't let there be a strike three

It stays open, for now.

MYSELF:

Why am i in wrong for yet again STATING MY OPINION??? Just because my opinion is different from yours, that does not make it right to threaten me with a ban, i don't like people who fight AGAINST my country, that doesn't mean i hate all who were injured and killed and am glad that it happened, not by any means, But i am glad when one of MY SOLDIERS takes a step closer to victory by eliminating a threat.

Like i said, there is NO REASON for you to ban me, i did nothing wrong!!! show me, go ahead, show me, were it says no ones allowed to state an opinion in opposition to a mod, it doesn't exist, your just bitter because i have an opinion against yours, and i will say it again, thats no reason for me to be on some sort of strike 2 mode.

Upon creating that thread, what did you expect? every one to agree with you about the problems in iraq? That isn't the case, because everyone is open to the same amount of an opinion as anyone else, mod or not. Of course your going to run into some people who have opinions about the incident that aren't the same as everyone else. Anyone can come into the thread and say "wow, that's horrible." But does that contribute? No it doesnt, it only restates the obvious and enhances post count, and thats is one thing that we try to avoid.

(NOTE: No sarcasm used here in case you didnt notice.)

BROOKFIELD:

OK Dave, you've made some good points, I guess that I was over-anxious about arguments developing, there's a fine line between discussions & arguments, & I thought your posts were borderline, now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you've explained yourself very well, what I am saying is that basically you're a good guy, I mis-interpretated your views on the subject.

Your grammar & way of expressing yourself lifts you above members, who can't spell, or post as though they are texting, I don't understand half of what they're saying, I haven't got a mobile phone, never found the need.

This is a PM conversation between me and Maurice about a discusion on a battle in Iraq. And its proof that the reason was always so defensive is pride. He, being older than most of us, didn't want his dignity tampered with by a bunch of kids an eighth of his age if that. But when taken one on one he was very easy to talk with. But i geuss its hard to keep someone of that type in the forums, especially as a mod. Either way I will miss him and I hope that he has something else to do in that little cottage of his, Its kind of sad thats why i brought it up, What else does he have?
__________________
AMD 4200 X2, 2 GB Corsair XMS, BFG Gforce 7800GS,ASUS A8N32, 250 GB Maxtor 7200 SATA 3.0, Lite-on DVDR/RW CDR/RW, Logisys Yin Yang Case, RAIDMAX 470 Watt PSU.
XGuy Named DaveX - AIM it up.
xguynameddavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #29
Daemon Poster
 
ilovepcs25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 995
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xguynameddavex View Post
Sorry for the late response but...


BROOKFIELD:

You still have twisted view on all this, now you think that some of the children were possibly those who normally bear arms aginst the allied forces, maybe, but they weren't on this occasion, that's the point, now, you are within a hair's breadth of a week or longer ban, strike two, don't let there be a strike three

It stays open, for now.

MYSELF:

Why am i in wrong for yet again STATING MY OPINION??? Just because my opinion is different from yours, that does not make it right to threaten me with a ban, i don't like people who fight AGAINST my country, that doesn't mean i hate all who were injured and killed and am glad that it happened, not by any means, But i am glad when one of MY SOLDIERS takes a step closer to victory by eliminating a threat.

Like i said, there is NO REASON for you to ban me, i did nothing wrong!!! show me, go ahead, show me, were it says no ones allowed to state an opinion in opposition to a mod, it doesn't exist, your just bitter because i have an opinion against yours, and i will say it again, thats no reason for me to be on some sort of strike 2 mode.

Upon creating that thread, what did you expect? every one to agree with you about the problems in iraq? That isn't the case, because everyone is open to the same amount of an opinion as anyone else, mod or not. Of course your going to run into some people who have opinions about the incident that aren't the same as everyone else. Anyone can come into the thread and say "wow, that's horrible." But does that contribute? No it doesnt, it only restates the obvious and enhances post count, and thats is one thing that we try to avoid.

(NOTE: No sarcasm used here in case you didnt notice.)

BROOKFIELD:

OK Dave, you've made some good points, I guess that I was over-anxious about arguments developing, there's a fine line between discussions & arguments, & I thought your posts were borderline, now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you've explained yourself very well, what I am saying is that basically you're a good guy, I mis-interpretated your views on the subject.

Your grammar & way of expressing yourself lifts you above members, who can't spell, or post as though they are texting, I don't understand half of what they're saying, I haven't got a mobile phone, never found the need.

This is a PM conversation between me and Maurice about a discusion on a battle in Iraq. And its proof that the reason was always so defensive is pride. He, being older than most of us, didn't want his dignity tampered with by a bunch of kids an eighth of his age if that. But when taken one on one he was very easy to talk with. But i geuss its hard to keep someone of that type in the forums, especially as a mod. Either way I will miss him and I hope that he has something else to do in that little cottage of his, Its kind of sad thats why i brought it up, What else does he have?
erm incase you havent noticed brookfields been banned so he can't read or reply to this post so in my eyes it's pointless even typing all this stuff out

Matt
ilovepcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepcs25 View Post
erm incase you havent noticed brookfields been banned so he can't read or reply to this post so in my eyes it's pointless even typing all this stuff out

Matt
if you had read it, you would have noticed that it's not directed to Brookfield but as an explanation why he thinks Brookfield was the way he was.

And I agree with you Dave, but the truth is, because of what you have said is likely true, this just wasn't the place for him. Too many young members and too many people who are going to oppose his views no matter his age.
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0