RPM limiter

sniperviper21

Golden Master
OK so i posted this in RCC, but id just made a thread because this is super important...

This STi im looking at buying has an rpm limiter at 4500rpm or something, in all 6 gears it wolnt go above 4500RPM, basicly cutting the power band in half. Everything else mechanically sound i'm not sure why it only goes 4500. ECU flashed wrong.? Ideas? I'd really like to know b.c I may buy this car... i know of a few places that could flash me for cheep ( XD )

new brakes and rotors to it looks to have...

Sounds and runs great other then at...

0-60 in 6 secs with the RPM limiter issue...

and if anyone can explane the DCCM and the IC Water Spayer thing to me would be great also...

Google is not working atm..

It is priced at 17,900$ right now, 36000 miles.
I offerd 16,9 because of the RPM issue an other minor things on the interior.

PICS will be up shortly, have to upload to photo bucket from my Droid.

Even with basicly half a power band... OMG this thing is like a rocket... eeeppp..

Oh, and clean Carfax to.

HELP ME MY CF BROS! :(

e6401130.jpg

e6401130.jpg

Well, it could be an ECU issue... Or it could be and Air/Fuel ratio issue. You could not be getting enough fuel or air... Which could end up with a melted pistons and a blown engine.
But no matter what you do it won't rev above 4500? My dad's without the turbo hits 6500 no problem. Even my truck hits 4500, something's not right. I would have it checked out. Could be big, could be small. I would find out how long it's been doing that too.

I would listen to Cabbs, that sounds about right, haha.

ya no matter what it doesnt go above 4500, except downshifting into a lower and over reving because of the tranny ofcourse.

it just basicly acts as if its red lining at 4500 except not at 7000..

i cant imagine this car if it ran like normal.

sure hope its an easy fix.... cuz i need a new car bad.

I had a friend who had the same problem with his rsx, it turned out that one of the vacuum seals had broken (not sure if I used the right terminology there, I'm not very good with cars). I'd get that checked

Get the codes pulled at Advance or something.

See if the dealer would let you do this. It could be a number of things, but I don't know a whole lot about Subarus.

Edit: Just a little advice, but a Subaru forum would probably be a better place to ask this question. And you uploaded two of the same picture lol.

meh, im thinking of saying scew this car an going for a different STi, its got 90,000 miles for the same price though...

is 90,000 miles even alot for these kind of cars?

Depends mostly on the previous owner(s) like any other car. It's just that cars like these tend to be driven harder than other cars.

My friend's 05 WRX has around 105,000 miles going strong and he beats on it pretty bad at times.

Back
Top Bottom