Rough Breakup

"Love stinks"

To get over one, you need to get under another. ;)
As much as it is the truth, the hard part is, that most likely, that will take some time, and the first one you find after this probably won't last a whole long time.

My good friend was dating a guy in Iraq since the summer after softmore year. The whole time he was in Iraq, they were fine. He got back this past summer(summer before senior year) and within a couple months of being posted out East, he found some other girl... Didn't tell my friend for quite some time. She found out and has forgotten about him for the most part. Hasn't talked to him in months. She is dating a freshman, but I have a feeling it's just to help forget about her past... Her best friend, another friend of mine got screwed over by the kid in Iraqs younger brother in our grade. He was dating her for 2 years, and she was in love with him... They were hanging out and having fun nights.... throughout the second half of Jr. year, but not dating. Early in the summer he got a GF from another school. She was still trying to get back with him, while he was just using her for an entire semester before she found out about the other girl... She is having a much harder time forgetting about him. It's easy for some people, much harder for others.
These two boys are the kind that are complete jerks, and ones that I hope never find anyone because of there stupidity unless they can mature greatly.
There last name is Johnson, and the two girls who dated them share a locker next to mine. As a joke one day, they hung up a little sign that said, "Johnsons are not only dicks, they are assholes too!"

I thought it was a funny play on words.

I've never gone through a tough break up, but I have been in a situation where I couldn't be with the girl I deeply cared about. I managed to forget her after a few months (not a typo there). It took a combined effort of my friends and I. First, I stopped talking to her to get her out of my mind. Then I chose to hang out with friends whom knew what was going on and avoided the subject. Chasing other girls helped. Best advice though is what Thelis said. I know it doesn't make sense, but it works. It's a little like cold turkey. Before you can do a sharp turn like that you should take some time to really enjoy what you had. I'm sure you had great times with her, but now the difference is that you will have great tmes with other people. Sorry about any bad grammar. I'm on my iPod.

Just go out and do what you love most. I know you're a jeep buff, just go for a drive, listen to your favorite music, just get your mind off of it. For me, i just get on my kart, head down back, and do hot laps for an hour or so, makes you focus on something else. Go to a movie, nothing sad, something action.

At this point, just anything to get your mind off it..

yeah go watch watchmen, we could go chill at the movies or somethin koby. text me the reason why you guys ended it anyways man. Still feel for ya..me and morgan are still going for a year and a half strong..

Thanks everyone. Reading thru this thread helps and I will have more information sometime

I know how you feel. My girlfriend just broke up with me yesterday. I went to Salisbury for the whole weekend to spend with her. The whole time she kept texting this guy. It's pretty obvious what is going on. I'm really confused. I really love this girl. She means a lot to me. She said we will pick back up when she feels like she is ready for a relationship. I just don't know if it's worth it to get back with her. She might just hurt me again. Luckily I have great friends. They are all helping me vent. If she is in fact cheating on me, I don't what I will do. All I can say is good luck. It's never going to stop hurting. Even 25 years from now, if you really cared about her, you will remember this moment. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just the truth. I will always remember this girl, even though she really lead me on and screwed me over. Just close your eyes and think about all the good times you had with her. Then try to find someone else whom you can share the same experiences with. I've liked this girl for around 4 years now. It's just felt like a lot of wasted time. I liked her even though I went out with other people and she felt the same. It felt like a movie in the beginning and now it just won't end. If you need someone to talk to, throw me a message or talk to me on AIM.

Back
Top Bottom