Rooted and overclocked my motorola Droid and updated to 2.2.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1040862 said:
Beast mode until your phone overheats and dies...

Overclocking a phone is about as smart as overclocking a laptop.

and we're right back to the insurance part of the conversation, lmao.

i do appreciate everyones concern, but the program i run on here makes it so its not CONSTANTLY running at 1.2ghz, it only does when it needs to.

but if it dies, oh well.

well i jailbroke and unlocked ALL of my iphones that i had (3 to be exact) and every single one i had got replaced by apple at some point. id use the phone for about 9 months or so, and before the warranty was up, go in to apple and bitch about some dead pixels, theyd replace it no questions asked, id just do a full system restore before i brought it back.

then once i had the new one, id sell it for 3x what i paid for it. lol. everyone goes CRAZY for iphones.

Don't you feel bad about that? You're thoroughly cheating the system.

first of all, its not cheating if it DOES in fact have dead pixels, and apple verifys it before they just give you a new phone.

iphones were notorious for dead pixels.

and second, if someone wants to pay me that much for an unlocked phone. well thats their problem.

so do i feel bad? no, not at all

Well, the way you put it made it sound like you purposefully tried to get dead pixels so you could get a new iPhone.

I'm surprised that Apple doesn't ask for the "broken" iPhone in exchange of replacing it with a new one.

What? Are you talking about one of the many systems that thoroughly rape us in the bum every month when we get our bills? I have no sympathy for the cell phone companies. No sympathy for Apple. No sympathy for any company who has a CEO that makes millions and millions, if not billions and billions of dollars each year.

The only reason prices are like that is because would continue to try and take monetary advantage of the situation even if prices were lowered.

Oh whatever. Big business is gunna rip us off no matter if the FEW people who "take advantage of the system" do it or not. They do it because they can get away with it. It's "technology" (oh noes screams the old fogeys!) and it "costs a pretty penny"...according to the companies putting it out. I'll never trust a damn thing that comes out of the mouth of a CEO making sh*t tons of money.

/rant.

Can you tell how much I hate big business?

Just saying that I think many people would appreciate if big businesses ran copyright/copyleft products and distributed them for free.

Back
Top Bottom