Room Temperature First

Hmm...interesting question.

I'd think the +100*C would cool faster because there is no phase change...whereas with the -100*C it has to unfreeze.

I think the + 100 would get to room temp first. The heat naturally goes from hotter to colder. Since the room is of great size, it could easily accept all the heat in a lesser time.

Were as on the other hand, the room really isn't that warm. It would take a long time for the limited heat energy in the room to penetrate the frozen liquid. Remember, Ice does not melt until every single molecule in the ice is at melting temperature.

Lol the only thing I ever learned in my chemistry class ^_^

I don't think this makes sense in the first place. Water at 100C+ is gas. Water at -100C is ice.

In a way it does. Both groups of water, would need to go through a phase change before cooling, since the temp cannot drop (or raise) untill everything is of the same state of matter. This takes time and energy, and both would have to go through it.

The only real advantage the +100C has is it has a smaller degree of temperature to go down.

yh but do u not think the greater temperture gap between the -100'C and the + 23 room temp would increase the speed of the reaction ?

@ AlexF1224 lets just say for your sake water at +99'C and water at -99'C as technically in all scientific statements water does not become a gas until it is heated above 100'C so lets just say both at 99'C

oh and this wud not work coz your average home freezer probably only goes to about - 18'C im talkin -100'C

as i said the how water wudnt be a problem its just the cold which wud be difficult

True but if the results I suggest are true when the cold object is only -18C ( the high temp will cool faster ) Then making it colder will futher slow it's rise to room temp

ythats a good question one i dont have a answer too if i would get water that cold i would do a experiment but i dont have a super frige!

hmm if only some1 had some liquid nitrogen on hand lol or some way to cool it to -100'C

Back
Top Bottom