Is that right?

setishock said:
Arrizx and cobra, highjacking a thread is bad manners. You want to talk about getting your butt kicked then take it elsewhere.
To answer your question GG it's software is not all things to all hardware. Besides being poorly written sometimes the program may simply not work with most hardware.
I really detest programs targeted to certain hardware.
As for the hardware stats, that's getting smaller every day as manufactoring gets better and better. It will never be 0 but we can hope...

Learn to spell Hijacking. Noob.

I think the 70% is because there are so many more things to go wrong with software, they can be little or small. But you'll run about... I don't know, a hundred things in one session on your PC that are software. About seven or eight pieces of hardware, maximum of ten or so. The hardware doesn't change, it just runs until it breaks. You could install a new piece of software on your computer and the whole system can be different, a new range of bugs could popup. You get variables that you change... so much can go wrong with Software, at design level even. Piece of hardware is physical, you won't get a bug in a piece of hardware very often because it would have blown it up when they tested it, or when you switched it on.

Down to how many things could go wrong I suppose.

yeah those statistics seam about right... if anything i thought it would be more software, i thought it would be like 85% software...

Back
Top Bottom