Ricerific

TRDCorolla said:
Here's one to laugh at...

untitledct8.jpg

Not really. The VR4 is bad ass. It's a true sleeper. Family car with track power. VR4, can anyone else tell me what bad ass car has VR4?

Mitsu 3000GT.

jb1.jpg

brmmmmmm, pssshhhhhh, GONE!

Don't sleep.
mood_insomnia_big.gif

Now THAT's a nice ricer. If done properly, they're quite nice. Those half-assed ones are retarded though.

There are a FEW out there done right. But than again, there are smart "ricers". They make theirs look like the other crappy ricers, but add the actual performance mods. Maybe they actualy think their cars look good like that.
wtf.gif

To each his own I guess. Here's a taste of what does LOOK good, SOUND good and PERFORM well:

1969_Ford_Mustang_Boss_429_black.jpg

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429

cuda.jpg

'71 Hemi Cuda (I almost bought one, instead I got my 66 Stang)

delorean2.jpg

The infamous, DeLorean, painted black. :cool:

Yeah, but look at the work that's been done to the Galant. I mean the exterior mods just scream "RICE", doesn't it? I think so....

Is that supposed to be bad? Personally I think body kits are neat. Some are very nice.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, but look at the work that's been done to the Galant. I mean the exterior mods just scream "RICE", doesn't it? I think so....

untitledct8.jpg

Not really. It's pretty modest compared to some of the ones I have seen around here.

Yeah, I wouldn't have done it the same. The red rims would go better if the car was black. I wouldn't have done a red spoiler either. The front fascia isn't that bad compared to many. It kinda resembles an older Evo. Finally, ANY window stickers, more specifically, front windshield, ARE DUMB!

If it was mine, it would be black, prolly different rims entirely - something black or chrome, NO stickers and red window tint, but that's what I think looks good. Not everyone would agree with me. Maybe this person liked a red on white color scheme. It's not a bad color combo, IMO.

EDIT: lemme go a little further with a definition.

modify – verb (used with object)

1. to change somewhat the form or qualities of; alter partially; amend: to modify a contract.

4. to change (a vowel) by umlaut.

To Modify (mod) a car. To make it different from others of the same make and model. The point in modifying your car is to make it stand out, not blend in. The only time you want your car to blend in is if you are doing something stupid and need to dodge cops. :rolleyes:

If that's the case, then all the so-called ricer picts posted here are decent mods, lol. I'm just "quoting" your definition of "modify":

1. to change somewhat the form or qualities of; alter partially; amend: to modify a contract.

Sure enough, all the cars here are just that. Modified.

TRDCorolla said:
If that's the case, then all the so-called ricer picts posted here are decent mods, lol. I'm just "quoting" your definition of "modify":

Sure enough, all the cars here are just that. Modified.

Here you talk about decent mods. I never said anything about decent mods, I just said mods.

Decent mods would be, I dunno, CAI, rims/tires, ground effects (Yes, they do serve a purpose. Eliminating drag, wind resistance).

Good mods would be, port job, cat-back exhaust, removing any non-performance parts (i.e. rear seats, un-needed interior body parts).

Performance mods - Racing heads, chip, engine swap, turbo/super/pro-charger, full legnth exhaust, racing trans, ect, ect.

Clutch said:
To Modify (mod) a car. To make it different from others of the same make and model. The point in modifying your car is to make it stand out, not blend in. The only time you want your car to blend in is if you are doing something stupid and need to dodge cops. :rolleyes:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Just mods. Ricer mods, decent mods, whatever. Yup, even riced up vehicles are modded. Yes, it's different and yes, it sure stands out from what I'm seeing. Ok, if it's true VR4--that's super. Good for him. But from the exterior side, it screams rice. I mean, the red on the wing and the rims, the big ass foglights and Mitsubishi logo (yeah, the foglights does increase visibility and allow him to see better, but man, he must have some pretty bad vision to have them that big!!!!). Then there's all those stickers on the back. I mean, is the car really being sponsored? Is it the actual rally car? Is he really racing the thing?

I'm sure the guy driving it is proud of the job he's done to it and if he likes it, more power to him. Just other people might interpret it differently, like me.

TRDCorolla said:
I'm sure the guy driving it is proud of the job he's done to it and if he likes it, more power to him. Just other people might interpret it differently, like me.

And as you are saying here, things can be interpreted a million ways. For instance, your SN: TRDCorolla

Corolla, an economy-esq car, TRD, Toyota Racing Development.

Sounds like rice to me, like a race Civic. :rolleyes: There is no such thing as a race developed economy car. The Corolla is a far cry from a racing car. A junk car besides. I would take a non-VR4 Galant over a Corolla any day.

Yeah, I agree, it is a little on the riced side, but not as bad as a lot of the cars I see, so I personally wouldn't call it rice. That's a modded VR4. This:

ricer.jpg

and this:

Ricer-Camry2.jpg

is rice! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom