Their servers do suck, but not that much NeonFire.... hehe
Not sure if their torrent limits apply to every single service, I'm on their DSL connection, Chris is on their High Speed Connection, your on Dialup.... it would seem that way. Aliant is located in different regions that Sympatico, so they probably have different main servers and probably different (more intelligent) staff members setting the limits/maintaining those limits.
And maybe (it might be a long shot) they have better tech support guys.... I don't personally want to find out.
Also, the other night (Wednesday), after having a nice discussion with Chris about these problems, among other things, I suffered TWO connection time outs, heres what happened:
- Got home after a walk, internet was dead.
- checked wires and Bell modem, all status lights were normal
- checked my servers (2 servers, my 2 routers are connected to a seperate servers)
- PC server reports LAN cable has been disconnected, XServe reports Linksys WRT54G router has timed out
- Check router, status lights are normal???
- Check DHCP and DNS settings on routers web interface, everything is normal, DHCP lease is set to expire in 43.6 hours
- XServe can connect to the web (VIA Wired line), Terminal Ping to www.google.com
reports almost 80% packet loss
- Reset Routers and Reboot Macbook Pro.... Connection is working, but is very slow
- Dealt with it for the rest of the night >_<
The connection was perfectly fine the next day (after shutting down both servers and turning off Bell Modem overnight). I don't really know WHY it timed out when everything is EXACTLY the same, yet one minute its working, the next its not. The interesting thing is.... my brother was running Azereus in the other room before we left for our walk......
It makes no sense, but its a load of garbage and total nonsense.... it is UNRELIABLE and UNJUST to do this to people for torrenting.... Not all torrents are illegal Bell, so SHOVE IT!