Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Rep - a good thing or not

I like the rep, but think its sometimes unfair. I still believe people you help don't tend to know about it, so don't give it you.
It tends to be given to each other by the regulars

Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #32
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
sounds like a lot of work + you got to remember that if there isnt a mod out there to do it then its a lost cause
It would have to be looked at closer Dude se, I don't think it will change, but it was just an idea as some people are not for rep anymore, I personally want it to stay.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #33
Fully Optimized

I say get rid of it since it's being abused. All I see in the rep system now is people playing with it and thinking it's a joke, and trying to see how fast they can get someone to five bars.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
I say get rid of it since it's being abused. All I see in the rep system now is people playing with it and thinking it's a joke, and trying to see how fast they can get someone to five bars.
I think all of us agree with you and it has got out of hand so it will probably quieten down now, I also agree with kage that the there is favoritism among the regulars I have been guilty of that myself on occasions, sometimes you just get carried away.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #35
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Istonian Send a message via MSN to Istonian

Here is what I think. Just keep it the way it is for right now. Then, if we can't handle it the right way then we get rid of it completely.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #36
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istonian View Post
Here is what I think. Just keep it the way it is for right now. Then, if we can't handle it the right way then we get rid of it completely.
I second that, but its now down to the results of the poll and how David feels about it.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #37
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Istonian Send a message via MSN to Istonian

Right now keep it is winning. We will see how it all ends up.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #38
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to THEpiGUY

I think it needs to be done away with. Now, I'm aware that people aren't, or shouldn't be, judged how helpful you are by the amount of rep they have. But if that's so, then what's the point of it being there, to look pretty? To show how popular the particular user is?

That being said, some older members have earned their rep through helping a vast amount of people, the way it was meant for. Now people are surpassing them by gaining rep for, really, no reason at all most of the time. I'll admit to being a part of this on a couple occasions, but it really needs to stop if the rep system is to stand.

I just think for it to stand, we should stop asking/begging for rep and just accept it as it comes -- don't expect rep from others, just be happy when you receive some. I liked the rep system before it got abused, but the way things are going now, I think it needs to go. If we can revise our ways, I'm perfectly fine with it staying.

I think I've decided to leave... maybe I'll come back sometime.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #39
Golden Master

It should be an option to have it on or off. That's what I say.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #40
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I think rep should go, lately it has been just people repping people for no reason just to push them up higher. Then it sparks the useless threads like "4 bars of rep!!". It seems like it has just become a popularity contest and it's being abused. Not all the people with the highest rep are the most helpful.

Bag the rep.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Closed Thread