Rep - a good thing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda straddling the fence on this one...

I bet 99% of the members here may post 2-3 threads during their membership at CF, most of them join and post because they are having computer problems so rep isn't a big deal to them, they just want answers. The regular posting members who answer their questions get to know each other and have a pretty good idea of how much the other regular posting members know about computers. So rep isn't really needed as small a community of posting members we have here. Thelis or Muz don't need 9 bars of rep for Me or Freestyler105 to know "hey they know about computers!", we can tell by the quality of their posts. But on the other hand I gotta admit it is pretty fun to get repped and it's kinda a neat feature in the forums.

I wouldn't be upset if David and the mods saw it in the forums best interest to scrap the rep system, maybe it'll speed the site up. And possibly lead to new features being implemented on the forums. But I also wouldn't be upset if they choose to keep it.

I am neutral to this. I don't want to go one way or another, and I'm fine with any decision that's made. There are good points to both sides of the discussion.

I really really don't care. It doesn't really matter to me, rep or no rep we still all know who is helpful. Sure it can be exciting for new members, but for more senior members it truly does not matter. You can keep it, you can delete it. I doubt it will cause much of a stir.

However, you should keep some sort of a rewards system.

I'm neutral to this decision. Keep it or lose it, doesn't matter to me. I rarely look at that stuff. I'm mainly looking at who's on here and if there's any interesting topics, that's it.

maybe there could be an option in the usercp to turn off rep for yourself, where you cant receive, give out, and no rep would be shown. but if they turned it back on they wouldnt loose there rep they had before.

EDIT:
also this should be in the comments, feedback section

maybe there could be an option in the usercp to turn off rep for yourself, where you cant receive, give out, and no rep would be shown. but if they turned it back on they wouldnt loose there rep they had before.

I think that's the best Idea if it was possible. If not, I say keep it.

As I side note, I don't think it helps people have been giving out soo much rep recently. Seems like people are becoming obsessed with it.

Personally, if it can be manually turned off for one or two users, I would take the option to turn it off. I don't want to be recognised with green squares, but rather by how familiar I am with others.

personally it use to be a sense of accomplishment but now its like, people are throwing it out because people are "asking" for it. id much rather have less rep but more of it meaningful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom