Renaissance Fair?

I went to that thing last Sunday near Atlanta.

I have never been to one before..it was pretty cool but holy s*** some of those people were weird! The employees were pretty normal I suppose, they laughed a lot. I could have done without all of the Renaissance talk however (when I asked where the bathroom was some man in a leotard with dwarf ears and a huge friggin' bow told me that it was "many a step behind yonder towering tree"). It also rained to whole damn day, it didn't stop the weirdo's from showing up though. As one man, who was dressed as what looked like Merlin the Wizzard met Grizzly Adams so eloquently put it "By the Gods of Azaroth, this weather is dreadful". There was some also some guy wandering around dressed as what I thought was Robin Hood but instead came to find out he was a "career fairy" that's right..a friggin' fairy, not some magical wizard or even a mischievous Centaur, a fairy. He had some magical "fairy" name which I have thankfully managed to repress. He asked me what my name was, and keeping with the whole Renaissance theme I replied "Matt, Drinker of Beer, Vindicator of the Dammed and Defender of Rock". He failed to find the humor in it. There was also a rather frighting man who reeked of marijuana pulling a rickshaw, a lot of really fat "kissing wenches" who looked like they carried some kind of Ye Olde STD, a even fatter belly dancer (who strangely resembled Jabba the Hutt) and a emo teen dressed as a monk selling fried pickles.

Other than the screwballs trolling that place like a paneled van on a playground the event was pretty cool. The Steak on a Stake was perhaps the best thing I have ever eaten, I enjoyed watching this man make glass objects, I laughed my ass off at the dudes in the dunking booth taunting people and met some really cool people. I look forward to going back....perhaps in costume next time.

How come it seems like so many kids drink at like 16, 17, and 18?

You do not understand how much my brother, who is 16, drinks. It's part of the popular culture these days. No one is complaining.

You do not understand how much my brother, who is 16, drinks. It's part of the popular culture these days. No one is complaining.

No one's comlaining besides the stuck-up law enforcement agencies.

What date are you attending? I'll be sure to be getting some cutty cut in your name :)

Back
Top Bottom