Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Renaissance Fair?

I went to that thing last Sunday near Atlanta.

I have never been to one before..it was pretty cool but holy s*** some of those people were weird! The employees were pretty normal I suppose, they laughed a lot. I could have done without all of the Renaissance talk however (when I asked where the bathroom was some man in a leotard with dwarf ears and a huge friggin' bow told me that it was "many a step behind yonder towering tree"). It also rained to whole damn day, it didn't stop the weirdo's from showing up though. As one man, who was dressed as what looked like Merlin the Wizzard met Grizzly Adams so eloquently put it "By the Gods of Azaroth, this weather is dreadful". There was some also some guy wandering around dressed as what I thought was Robin Hood but instead came to find out he was a "career fairy" that's right..a friggin' fairy, not some magical wizard or even a mischievous Centaur, a fairy. He had some magical "fairy" name which I have thankfully managed to repress. He asked me what my name was, and keeping with the whole Renaissance theme I replied "Matt, Drinker of Beer, Vindicator of the Dammed and Defender of Rock". He failed to find the humor in it. There was also a rather frighting man who reeked of marijuana pulling a rickshaw, a lot of really fat "kissing wenches" who looked like they carried some kind of Ye Olde STD, a even fatter belly dancer (who strangely resembled Jabba the Hutt) and a emo teen dressed as a monk selling fried pickles.

Other than the screwballs trolling that place like a paneled van on a playground the event was pretty cool. The Steak on a Stake was perhaps the best thing I have ever eaten, I enjoyed watching this man make glass objects, I laughed my ass off at the dudes in the dunking booth taunting people and met some really cool people. I look forward to going back....perhaps in costume next time.

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
How come it seems like so many kids drink at like 16, 17, and 18?
You do not understand how much my brother, who is 16, drinks. It's part of the popular culture these days. No one is complaining.

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
You do not understand how much my brother, who is 16, drinks. It's part of the popular culture these days. No one is complaining.
No one's comlaining besides the stuck-up law enforcement agencies.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 AM   #14
Fully Optimized

What date are you attending? I'll be sure to be getting some cutty cut in your name

David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostFL View Post
What date are you attending? I'll be sure to be getting some cutty cut in your name
What???

XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote