Removing car battery II

You get a wrench on the terminal clamp. I've gotten wrenches in tighter places. Might need a stamped steel wrench (thinner). Also, clean the terminal once you have it off. Maybe removing the top two connections would help first also.

REMOVE THE NEGATIVE CABLE before working on the positive. Just for safety reasons.

Picture of terminal looks worse than what it is....cleaning some of the anti corrosion material will help fit a correct size spanner to relevant nut for removal .

As mentioned above post ^^^ it would be wise to disconnect the negative lead for safety just in case you accidentally short out the terminals.

Thanks for the replies, but it is impossible to get a wrench on that. It's got nothing to do with corrosion, it is just physically impossible to get at it with a wrench/spanner.

The solution was to slightly bend the covering plate upwards and then force a socket underneath it directly onto the nut.

for the benefit of any future searches on this topic:
Nissan Almera Battery change positive terminal removal

As I mentioned in the previous thread, when I had that issue I managed to simply wriggle the thing off and back on again - it was / is still a tight fit and hasn't caused any problems since, but that's clearly not the "right way" of doing things so it's interesting to hear how you managed it! Still think it's a silly design...

Back
Top Bottom