Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #21
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
well i myself an am atheist dont believe in any of it

however i have no problems with people having their own personal beliefs as long as they keep them personal and don't try and tell other people what to believe or what they believe is wrong etc my stance is if you dont try and tell me what to believe i wont tell you what to believe

the worst types of people imo are those who see the need to convert others i think you should just be happy with what you believe they are your personal beliefs and you should only discuss them wither other people if they ask you to discuss them
I aggree totally. I am Christian but I don't care what religion you are. In fact, one of my best friends is an athiest and I appreciate him for a person because he does not look at anybody who is religious any different. He is a good person as are many athiests and I don't think that die hard Christians (or any other religion) should be trying to enforce their beliefs on others.
__________________

__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
I'm a Christian. . .

To tell you the truth. I'm Christian. . .

I was athiest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
No, I was still an athiest and they would not let me in because I was not Christian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
No it says there was a Christian organisation and they would not let me in because I was an athiest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
I am Christian
I'm confused too. How can you say that you're a Christain, but on the other hand claim you're an atheist?

You can't have it both ways. You're either one or the other, but not both.
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Religon Stuff

I became Christian about 3 years ago but his party was about 4-5 years ago and at the time, I WAS an athiest.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #24
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Religon Stuff

OK, that makes sense. But why drag this all back up 5 years after the fact?

Oh, I'm Catholic by the way.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Because we were in another thread about space and me and StratosP started getting off topic on religion so we started a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
OK, that makes sense. But why drag this all back up 5 years after the fact?

Oh, I'm Catholic by the way.
Oh, one of my best friends is catholic too. I'm just non-denomination. I believe that if I do good things in my life, never drink or have sex before marraige, and believe in God & Jesus as saviors, that I will go to heaven. I don't know what the difference is between between Catholics and Baptists (or any othe sect of Christianity) is personally. Maybe someone can clarify.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #26
Daemon Poster
 
Fanatic4Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,351
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
Because we were in another thread about space and me and StratosP started getting off topic on religion so we started a new thread.



Oh, one of my best friends is catholic too. I'm just non-denomination. I believe that if I do good things in my life, never drink or have sex before marraige, and believe in God & Jesus as saviors, that I will go to heaven. I don't know what the difference is between between Catholics and Baptists (or any othe sect of Christianity) is personally. Maybe someone can clarify.
http://www.baptistcatholic.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post

the worst types of people imo are those who see the need to convert others i think you should just be happy with what you believe they are your personal beliefs and you should only discuss them wither other people if they ask you to discuss them
why wouldn't someone want to spread the good new's? if you were a christian you would understand how good it feel's to have the holy spirit in you, have you ever had the holy spirit in you? feel's like you have no trouble's or pain's just pure happiness. im not sure about you but me personally would like everyone to atleast experience how it feel's, i'll like to see you guys in heaven, i want to see everyone in the world in heaven. ill try to have as many people that i can not have to perish in hell and go to heaven. those "hardcore christian's" that are TRUE christian's really, and the ones that dont try and spread the word, are the ones that make the true christian's look crazy!!
__________________
Jesus died for me and you.
AMD Athlon II 250 3.6ghz | ASRock N68C-S | Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 PCI-E 512MB | SteelSeries Siberia USB Soundcard | Western Digital 250GB | LOGISYS 575watt PSU | Crucial 2GB ram DDR3
Fanatic4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #27
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Nice try Fanatic4Christ.

Here, this may help explain better: Are Catholics Christian?



Edit:
Good to see your "fixed" your post Fanatic4Christ.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #28
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: Religon Stuff

I'm a Christian, but I don't agree with much of the doctrine that's taught, alot of it is unbiblical (The Rapture, Adam and Eve being the first people, what really happened in the Garden etc).

But in no way do I ever try to force my beliefs on anyone or judge anyone for their beliefs, that don't mean I have to agree with/support what they think though, but I won't condemn them for it. If people ask me what my views are I'll tell them and if they ask me a question I'll show them from the Bible "why" I believe it, if all I can say is "that's what I was told" then I'm treading on thin ice because just because a pastor says something, in no way makes it biblical...you need to check it against the bible.

Oddly enough, the people who are the die-hard Christians and claim that their argumentative stances on issues or condemnation of the secular world is "biblical" is total BS. That's not the way to win someone over to your side by telling them they are a sinning heathen and living in sin with a Holier Than Thou attitude, you need to show them "why" you are against it from the bible and do it in a loving way, not beat them over the head with a bible.
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
Daemon Poster
 
Fanatic4Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,351
Default Re: Religon Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Nice try Fanatic4Christ.

Here, this may help explain better: Are Catholics Christian?



Edit:
Good to see your "fixed" your post Fanatic4Christ.
=\ and u cant ask if a catholic is a christian, thats just like saying is a big screen tv, a tv? is a computer, a pc? lol christian is any religion that believes jesus died on the cross for you, putting catholics in that category =\
__________________
Jesus died for me and you.
AMD Athlon II 250 3.6ghz | ASRock N68C-S | Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 PCI-E 512MB | SteelSeries Siberia USB Soundcard | Western Digital 250GB | LOGISYS 575watt PSU | Crucial 2GB ram DDR3
Fanatic4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #30
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Religon Stuff

The point being, many people don't know that Catholics are Christian, as demonstrated by 63083's question.
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0