Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't too bad the way it is worded.. a little harsh, but not too bad. Civil post.. not insulting or anything. :) But good post, banchan.

Well if did offend someone, thats too bad. Because the truth hurts. I really agree with you. :)

Hey guys Catholisism is not a religion it's a dogma Christianity is a religion. Oh I'm an athiest as well but I believe that we should respect someone elses right to believe in god so I tend not to critisize other people about it not that I am saying you are

Well said BanChan!! 100% agreed.

Evolution for one matter has a massive amount of evidence backing it. If we look at the ridiculous nature of young earth creationists (those who purport that the earth is 6,000 years old) we can see logical fallacies. Even simple carbon-14 dating can demonstrate the age of objects preceding 6,000 years...

Lmao, So true. I can't believe people still don't accept evolution.. it's the truth, get over it. Well said.

I beileve that back in the day religion was created as a way to explain things. God did this and god did that. There are alot of unexplanible things and i feel people used god to solve the answer and to cope with it. It was also a way for the government to control them.

Yup, this is relating back to my post about the fact that man simply did not know enough.

May I also add: the Church was one of the most corrupt things in the world. During the 1300 - 1700 they got more rich then any king that ever lived. Indulgences fucking make me sick. Can people be brainwashed any more?? I bet half the preachers weren't even very religious, they just loved the money.

And yeah, that thing about a person killing his parents if God tells him to is so wrong...... I can't believe that shit.

rakedog said:
Lmao, So true. I can't believe people still don't accept evolution.. it's the truth, get over it. Well said.

Yeah... it is definitely the truth.

And as far as old the world goes.. there is some form of radioactive isotope dating that puts the oldest rocks back to 6 billion years. And some people still insist the world is 6,000 years old.

The half-life of some radioactive elements alone is several million years. Yet young earth creationists can't explain that.

Yeah, I was like ........... -_- you gotta be kidding me!

Evolution and the big band seem like good explanations, but I like to wonder more of how the world or the galaxy was created....

Morpheus said:
Hey guys Catholisism is not a religion it's a dogma Christianity is a religion. Oh I'm an athiest as well but I believe that we should respect someone elses right to believe in god so I tend not to critisize other people about it not that I am saying you are

MORPHEUS!!!! Where in the hell have you been? I missed you man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom