Release date of Penyrn mobile processors?

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I didnt consider this worthy of putting this in the General Hardware/Software section so:

Does anyone know when laptop manufacturers will be putting the Penryn mobile processors in?

i hope sometime soon, thats going to completely change the way mobile computing is looked at...

i hope sometime soon, thats going to completely change the way mobile computing is looked at...

Increased battery life, plus when SSE4 becomes wide-spread speeds nearly double with the same clock speed compared to Merom. Thats crazy.

I cant believe quad-core beat penryn to laptops. (Apparently some company is shipping quad-core laptops to the US. It was on giz a while ago I forget who it was)

Increased battery life, plus when SSE4 becomes wide-spread speeds nearly double with the same clock speed compared to Merom. Thats crazy.

I cant believe quad-core beat penryn to laptops. (Apparently some company is shipping quad-core laptops to the US. It was on giz a while ago I forget who it was)

i hadnt even heard about penryn, but i dont really keep track of intel, im an amd fanboy :)

Mobile processor models of Penryn are supposed to be arriving in December, at best, kinda sucks since I'll be needing a laptop for college by August =/.

Edit: I think I may have switched Penryn and Nehalem around, hold on.

I think Toshiba, Lenovo, and Dell have already been producing notebooks with Penyrn.

Mobile processor models of Penryn are supposed to be arriving in December, at best, kinda sucks since I'll be needing a laptop for college by August =/.

Edit: I think I may have switched Penryn and Nehalem around, hold on.

Hehe you did. But it'd be nice if Nehalem got bumped to say July. I had decided on an Asus laptop since I'm laptop-less right now at college, but I'm going to hold out at least till penryn finds its way into something respectable.

It might be worth waiting for Nehalem though, its going to feature some of the biggest design changes implemented into an intel chip since Pentium Pro back in '95. 45nm technology + full true support for ddr3 + scalibility is enough to make anyone drool. Its going to be weird seeing a processor with 8 cores, but if I do hold out i'll definitely opt for the quad.

Back
Top Bottom