Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Relationships

See, thats the way I am it seems. I love having "just friends" but I can't help but feel I want more in my life. Only difference is I don't have someone constantly nagging me into getting one... lol

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

You sound a lot like me in how you like girls and your personality. I'm a quiet guy and I would like a girl with a good personality. I don't think looks are everything either. The part where we differ more is that I don't really want a girlfriend until probably after college if I ever get one. I'm not actually all too good around girls though, so I probably will end up single the rest of my life. I just want to get schooling over before I worry about girls much. Gas takes a lot of money from my pocket, don't need something else to start taking it as well, lol. This is not to say I don't like girls now, but if I get into a relationship with a girl now, it will just be a friendship, not as a girlfriend.

My mom actually doesn't want me to have a girlfriend until I move out which I'm fine with, but then she bugs me about girls... Doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #13
Site Team

Plenty of time for relationships, you are only very young yet, no need to jump into a relationship just because you are not in one. Enjoy life, meet people have fun, the right girl will come along one day, no need to force anything. You need to get to know and like yourself before anyone else can. Dont try to rush it.
1st Puter - Intel Pent D 3.4GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 9800GT, Windows 7 Home.
2nd Puter - AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.69GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 7600GT, XP Home.
Lappy - Intel Dual Core 1.73GHz, 2 GIG Ram, Vista Home Premium.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
T-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. But keep your chin up, it'll all work out eventually, the right one will come along(haha it damn better anyway, because that's the same thing I keep telling myself as well)

Heh, never take advice from the single guy
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Wow this all sounds like me,
I had a Gf,
I have lots of friends but i do as well crave for something more I hate being loney I hate not having a girl to think about or care about,
i aswell am really picky I don't want just want any girl ya know.....

I sometimes feel like after her I am going to be single for a while
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #16
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to blackjack

I think the problem lies in you, don't go looking for things just let them happen, when you meet a girl you talking to her which is great but leave it at that unless you feel she is giving you the forward vibes, there's nothing wrong with being quiet and laid back so don't feel its something to do with you,theres plenty of fish in the sea just some people catch em quicker lol ( I have been married since
I was 23) you say you are very particular in the type of girl you like, most men are to a degree but if a skirt parted in front of you when your drunk then I wouldn't need a second invitation lol, what I'm trying to say is just be you, if a
person doesn't like you for who you are then your not a match and you are better off on your own.
Compaq Presario CQ5305K-m Intel® Pentium® Dual Core E5300 (2.6 GHz), Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 320 Gb, with 18.5 Widescreen
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #17
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

things arnt looking too good for me either. luckily ive got so much going on atm so dont really have time (and expenses) for a gf anyway
i always thought id be doomed, but when you get older i guess you start to see a clearer picture, which is that girls dont just go for looks/"the cool kids", and that they want the same thing as you. it will happen, its just some people are left waiting a long time but thats life i guess
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #18
Site Team
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

It's high school man, if you get a great GF now, it will be extremely hard through college...
I'm really picky though too, if I like one girl, it wont change for a damn long time, lol. I like one girl now, and we became friends last year, and last year she was a lot different too... This year she has a BF in Iraq, and at the beginning of the year she was really cool. Now, she can be kinda bitchy...
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #19
Site Team
Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends. I know it sounds lame, but thanks to a co-worker and his girlfriend, I have my first date in almost two years tonight. Worse come to worse, you go out on one date then never see eachother again.
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
Daemon Poster

^Exactly. That and when you realize that girls shouldn't be at all intimidating and they are just regular people then things like talking to a random girl will be so much easier. Remember the guy who tries and fails the most is still the guy who walks away with the most numbers/dates. What's the worst she can do? say no?

After awhile rejection won't bother you. Because it used to bum me out when a girl would say no, but now I realize 9 out of 10 girls (for me anyway) will more than likely say no. If your attempt fails hey you tried and maybe brightened her day a little with your sense of humor or just flattered her that she attracted your attention enough for you to go and talk talk to her. Hey on the bright side you made a new acquaintance or perhaps even a friend

I like to think it's all a matter of perspective really. You can let it bum you out if she says no or you can let it roll off you as soon as it happens and move on. Lol it always helps to find the positive because in all honesty theres a positive in everything, if you choose to focus on the negative all the time it can really bring you down.

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote