Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Default Rebates

So i got my corsair rebate back, and is thinking of getting something that also has MIR.
But from what you have to do, you have to send both the original Reciept and UPC code.
Now i know you can ask for more copies of the Reciept, but what about the UPC code?
Poeple told me to photo copy it, and then from what i heard, is that when something goes wrong and you sent in the rebate, they wont let you return/exchange because you dont have the original UPC code.
So basically, when sending in the rebate, it voids the 30 day warranty you get when you buy it from the store, and the only rebate is through the manufacturers.
But that seems like a pain in the neck to go through with the manufacturer.
I dont know if all i typed is true or not.
But if you bought something, everything is working fine for about 5 days, then you finally send in your rebate, then the product starts to go wrong, and eventaully days within 10-15 days of purchase, and all you have is just the copy of the orignal UPC and reciept.
What do we do?

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Rebates

I'd say if you have a copy of the rebate form and you try to return it you should be fine

the problem with sending in photocopied upcs is they may think you bought the product, copied the upc and returned it, so you can get the rebate.
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote