Rebates?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i was just wondering about rebates.
everyone knows that you need the UPC and receipt turned in.
But what do i do if i turned those in and the product started to go wrong?

Normally you send a duplicate receipt in and photo copy the UPC. Thats what I did when I got my last phone. That way I still have a copy of the UPC and have the original purchase receipt.

They will want the actual UPC but as long as you have a photo copy on file your good to go.

If I'm understanding this correctly you need a receipt for the product you purchased, But you used your original and only receipt to mail out for rebate correct? If so, It would depend on where and how you paid for the product. Major retailers usually log all their customers transactions and purchase history which is gathered from either Credit cards, Bank Cards, Rewards Program cards which fortunately allows you access to old and lost receipts. Granted you paid cash, with no reward zone cards or anything that ties you to that receipt, Then your in all honesty shit out of luck, UNLESS the rebate center can help you out.

Always make copies of your important receipts, ALWAYS. It's good practice.

well, i dont need the receipt now, hopefully never.
i bought a couple of ram from micro center, and it had a rebate, and so far its working, but i always get worried that something might go bad, and if it does, then i cant get my money back.
so far its working perfectly, and i think micro center keeps a record of what each person buys since they ask for the name of the customers.
but what about the UPC code?
dont they need that to be able to replace the product?

well, i dont need the receipt now, hopefully never.
i bought a couple of ram from micro center, and it had a rebate, and so far its working, but i always get worried that something might go bad, and if it does, then i cant get my money back.
so far its working perfectly, and i think micro center keeps a record of what each person buys since they ask for the name of the customers.
but what about the UPC code?
dont they need that to be able to replace the product?

That should be tied to the receipt. It identifies what product it is. The POS had to either have a SKU/UPC to even process the other.

When you send in for a rebate, you can no longer return the item. If they allowed that people would just buy a product get the rebate then return it after they sent off for the rebate check. So the lesson here is make sure you like the product and it works before you send for the rebate. But I'm fairly certain that you can still RMA it if it goes bad after you've sent for the rebate.

im know that you cant return it after doing the rebate, because its like stealing money.
but i was wondering what about being able to replace the item and they keep the UPC while i get the product?

Sometimes they give you a duplicate receipt right at the register so you can send that in for the rebate and you can keep one for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom