Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #41
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
my family is middle class, we don't have ridiculous amounts of money.
you should feel bad for accepting a car with that price tag if that is the case. You don't need a car with that price tag. At 16 you don't NEED a car fullstop. And I don't think getting good grades is reason to be deserving a car like that being given to you.
__________________

__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #42
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

all i can say is i wish i could get a car for just getting some grades.....

but i suppose not all of us can just get mummy and daddy to buy us a car.. all i am going to say is that you will treat the car alot better.. and enjoy it a hell of alot more knowing that you would have worked to earn it.. but mabye thats just me.. im happier knowing that what i own, i own and have worked for it...
__________________

__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #43
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Responsibility is what it will teach you. Having/driving a car is a privilege. Tell him you are mature enough to get your own car and it's your responsibility.
__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #44
Daemon Poster
 
PokerDegenerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

If you had some sense you would say buy me a piece of crap car now and put the rest of the money in a CD or high interest yielding bond and get a SICK car with all the interest you get when you can really appreciate a car because im sorry if you get that car at 16 and the way you are talking right now that car is going to be a POS in 2 years. The only reason you want that car is to show off and race your friends well guess what look up what it costs to replace one of those turbos when you blow it... Oh yeah are your folks paying upkeep for that car too like oil changes, tune ups, and regular maintenance because I will tell you from experience that engine is NOT cheap to upkeep. I had the same exact engine in my Audi A6. So go ahead and get it and show your parents how responsible you really are and appreciate it don't get it to race your friends and show off...Or do the really smart thing and get a junker and learn what it takes to really upkeep a car and learn what its all about first... Kids should not get a 12k car for their first car PERIOD.....
__________________
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #45
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
you should feel bad for accepting a car with that price tag if that is the case. You don't need a car with that price tag. At 16 you don't NEED a car fullstop. And I don't think getting good grades is reason to be deserving a car like that being given to you.
They wouldn't buy it for me if it would be a burden on our family financially. No, I don't NEED a car (I phrased that wrong), but it would be convenient and a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe View Post
all i can say is i wish i could get a car for just getting some grades.....

but i suppose not all of us can just get mummy and daddy to buy us a car.. all i am going to say is that you will treat the car alot better.. and enjoy it a hell of alot more knowing that you would have worked to earn it.. but mabye thats just me.. im happier knowing that what i own, i own and have worked for it...
Clearly, you did not exactly take the most difficult classes in high school. I definitely earned it. There are members here who can attest to that.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #46
Daemon Poster
 
PokerDegenerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
Clearly, you did not exactly take the most difficult classes in high school. I definitely earned it. There are members here who can attest to that.
LMFAO I'm really sorry i'm going to try and put this nicely... You really think you are the only one who has taken AP classes in HIGH SCHOOL? try being dual enrolled in high school and college taking AP classes in high school while taking a full load of college classes as well. I am really sorry but this logic really fits your age.. No offense but seriously No amount of school work should amount to the purchase of a car...Your parents should be teaching you responsibility and making you get good grades and EARN the car not just giving it to you for good grades.... If your parents need a reason why you "need" a car why not just tell them the real reason? I want to fit in with everyone else because they all have nice cars and oh yeah my friend has a GTI and says he can beat anything so I need one that can beat his car in a race... See what the response is to that... [/Rant]

Now I'm sorry if this is coming off a little harsh but seriously earning your own money and getting something for the reasons you want it would be fine but spending your parents hard earned money for these reasons just seems foolish and immature to me... Just get a car that will get you from here to there and wont be a burden financially (not just the purchase price but upkeep) and let the other kids talk crap. If they don't accept you because of your car then screw em...
__________________
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #47
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
LMFAO I'm really sorry i'm going to try and put this nicely... You really think you are the only one who has taken AP classes in HIGH SCHOOL? try being dual enrolled in high school and college taking AP classes in high school while taking a full load of college classes as well. I am really sorry but this logic really fits your age.. No offense but seriously No amount of school work should amount to the purchase of a car...Your parents should be teaching you responsibility and making you get good grades and EARN the car not just giving it to you for good grades.... If your parents need a reason why you "need" a car why not just tell them the real reason? I want to fit in with everyone else because they all have nice cars and oh yeah my friend has a GTI and says he can beat anything so I need one that can beat his car in a race... See what the response is to that... [/Rant]

Now I'm sorry if this is coming off a little harsh but seriously earning your own money and getting something for the reasons you want it would be fine but spending your parents hard earned money for these reasons just seems foolish and immature to me... Just get a car that will get you from here to there and wont be a burden financially (not just the purchase price but upkeep) and let the other kids talk crap. If they don't accept you because of your car then screw em...
I actually wasn't talking to you...if you've taken AP courses, congrats. They're hard for me though, I put a lot of work into them, and I'm proud of my grades.

I do not want a car to race and show off. That was a side thing, I just said I wanted to shut him up about his GTi. I want a car for the convenience and PERSONAL pleasure of working on it. Not to show off or because it's "cool".
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #48
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Let's go back to the reason you posted this thread. You want excuses to give your parents to convince them to buy you a car. So far, everything you suggested that you're going to say is a lie. You don't care about the convenience. You don't care about having more time to do school work and you couldn't care less about getting a job.

Admit it. The only reason to get this car is so you can race that pompous GTi douche. While you may not beat him in the first race you will learn that you lack discipline in your driving abilities and will thus take it upon yourself to meet with Vin Diesel and convince him to teach you the ways of the street racing scene. Months will pass and, while at first Vin had little faith in your skills, he soon realizes that after you nearly beat his best time challenging Blood Run Pass that it seems you really do have what it takes. Maybe you will usurp his crown as Road King.

Finally, the day has come that you challenge GTi douche. His ego is miles wide since he beat you the first time and you will face much ridicule from him and his friends. The girl on his arm suppresses a giggle. You stand smug in your stance and wait until the laughter dies down. "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" you exclaim.

"What did you have in mind," he replies, "cause if you're thinking about racing again..well, I just don't know if I can stand to see a 16 year old boy cry..haha!"

"Pinks...," you say and his laughter is cut short. "The winner gets the other guy's car. The loser walks away..no complaints, no rematches, nothing!"

GTi douche answers, "Fine! I guess my grandma could use a new car anyway."

[time elapses] Freestyler has won an amazing race...

The crowd is jeering showing off an energy that rumbles through the streets. Your buddies run up to you and pat you on the back, laughing and telling you how awesome that win was. Vin Diesel shakes your hand. "It looks like the streets of Buffalo has its new king" he tells you. "My work here's done" are his parting words and he leaves; likely to discover new adventures in other cities far away. You're blissfully happy.

GTi douche throws you the keys to his whip, saying nothing and promptly gets into his friend Mitch's Integra. "Hey babe! Get in the car!" he says to Selina. She looks at him and despite his persistent calls to her she walks away from him in your direction. The crowd parts and you settle down from the excitement to see this gorgeous girl walking over to you- eyes locked on yours. She tells you that she always loved you and knew you had it in you to beat GTi fag who she, up until that point, was dating and hadn't really given you much attention until this moment. Then, you'll all hop into your tricked out cars and drive off into the sunset thus concluding the end of "The Fast and the Furious: Buffalo Drift".
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #49
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Hahahahahahahaha. +1 that was hilarious.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #50
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: Reasons I Need A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
but my family is middle class, we don't have ridiculous amounts of money. My parents would be spending $20k+ on a new car for me, so a $12k used car is fair IMO when I have been maintaining my grades as promised.
My family is middle class too, but I am smart enough to keep them away from debt as much as possible. I prefer them to put that 12K aside for my college tuition so I can go to college and get a nice job to get the car and life I want.
As I said, they will only spend about 2K on my first car, and I dont know if you know, I am Asian. (Not sure if you stereotype or not)
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0