Reasons I Need A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, explain to us why you need such a nice car as your first vehicle?

First of all, explain to us why you need such a nice car as your first vehicle?
That's a great point. I have a great car for my first, and I bet insurance costs as much as that audi or more for liability, but it is a much cheaper car. Cost only $3000 a year and a half ago. It is great, probably faster then that audi too, haha, but for a first car, it has plenty of project potential without breaking the bank again, and cost 1/4 of the price of that audi.
I'm sure your dad already knows all the reasons to buy a car, and everything you will come up with, is just him seeing how smart you are. The only reason you NEED a car is... well, there isn't one. You won't go home earlier to do homework, and won't swim much more then you do now. You will go out more at night, and spend more money. But having a car is great... Having a car makes everything easier, having a 12k car makes everything harder. If it was my first car, I wouldn't get something so expensive.

And you say project car?!? No way man, you are in high school, and the expense of the car will be enough... Putting a turbo to actually make that thing move decently, will be at least a good $2k. Nitrous wouldn't be too bad... but power is expensive. Even more so on new cars, and much harder. If you want a project car that can run and drive, get something from the 80s or 90s. It's your first car, I wouldn't recommend and audi.

I don't need it...it's really no more expensive than any other decent used car I'd buy. The only other car that would really work for me is an Impreza, and there are none (used) around here, they sell really fast. And a new one would be $20k.
Mainly I need a car with AWD, and this fits the bill nicely. My parents also care about safety ratings.

The B5 S4 is extremely mod friendly. That's why this car is such a good find, it's impossible to find one stock. It's a twin turbo V6. A chip adds about 50 horsepower and brings it to almost 300lb/ft, plus an exhaust, etc.

To be clear, I am not asking about opinions on the vehicle choice. This car works for me, and if I can make a deal I plan on buying it.

I see what you mean...but I guess I just don't see it as expensive as you guys do. Sure, I could get an okay car for $3k. But I go to school and see all the brand new Mustangs, BMWs, Mercedes, GTis, etc and $12k doesn't seem all that terrible to me.
Obviously it is a LOT of money, but from my perspective when my mom just spent $40k on a car and my dad is about to spend even more on one for himself...

There are a couple kids that I would like to take to the track to shut them up...

In particular this one kid has a VW GTi VR6, he thinks it is the greatest car ever. It's really not a bad car, but he makes it sound like the ultimate drag racing machine.

There are a couple kids that I would like to take to the track to shut them up...

In particular this one kid has a VW GTi VR6, he thinks it is the greatest car ever. It's really not a bad car, but he makes it sound like the ultimate drag racing machine.

i wish i could think like that... but i dont have the money :D

Just get something reasonable man. 12k? jesus christ. Get a nice apartment and pay off the lease with that money

OHHH, I know what you mean.... Some kid with his '94 Mustang GT, I would like to show him up with my Ranger, cause he always makes fun of it, and throws garbage in the bed coming back from lunch. I still need like 20 more hp and some grippy tires to beat it though.

OHHH, I know what you mean.... Some kid with his '94 Mustang GT, I would like to show him up with my Ranger, cause he always makes fun of it, and throws garbage in the bed coming back from lunch. I still need like 20 more hp and some grippy tires to beat it though.
Really? Wow. I can see talking crap, but throwing garbage in it? That's just immature.

I am 16, I live with my parents Prodigy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom