Reasons to get a new comp

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I need reasons to upgrade from my comp, which is PII 300mghz, 96mb ram, 30 gig HD (upgrade from my sis's comp), Win98, 13" monitor that will take days (I do really mean days) to load, and boot, and I am currently trying to save by installing linux...

To a beatuiful, new comp, with AMD Athlon x2 4200+, 1 gig of ram, 250 gb hard drive, windows XP, dvd burner, Geforce 7300, very nice, $800 comp.

I like to do drafting, 3d modeling, photoshop, music, gaming, a lot of multitasking, and my current comp can't do that.

Thanks,
Alex

Well, one big reason is that, you can actually do what you want. That's a decent budget build, thought the 7300 isn't the greates video card available, is should do fine in providing you with all your needs, assuming you aren't a hard-core gamer. I would definitely go for this system, you'll love it lol.

Id go for a 7600GT for any gaming..

But a reason huh..:

Well are you trying to convince your parents to let you or something like that?

if you are in school right now a good reason to do it is because it will help you with schoolwork. you would be able to accomplish more faster because thigns wiuld actually load fast, unlike on your current computer. also, if you buy the parts seperately, it will be a good learning experience putting it together.

cileskot said:
if you are in school right now a good reason to do it is because it will help you with schoolwork. you would be able to accomplish more faster because thigns wiuld actually load fast, unlike on your current computer. also, if you buy the parts seperately, it will be a good learning experience putting it together.

That was exactly my logic on why I should build a new one. You should see how much faster Word goes with the 7900...
No, but really, try working on my old, old computer... Pentium MMX 200MHz, 32MB RAM, 8GB HDD, all accessed by the amazing and wonderful Windows ME. That's actually why I built, I left my newer (2002) Dell at home for the family. And it was a great learning experience building, and saved about $70 and a month on shipping, orders on full systems are so expensive and take forever. All my parts got to me in 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom