a reason to use your psp

I know you can homebrew your PSP. But you can run emulators on a PC, often with much better graphics and with much wider selections of titles. If you have to hack the hell out of a piece of hardware for it to serve any real purpose, why pay the money in the first place.

I would never pay money for it. If i was offered one I'd take it and run some of the PSP net book software on it. A good browser and some word processing and it'd be alright but to spend hard earned cash on it? No.

Yea but doesn't it say something about a console when you don't wanna play any of the actual release games on it and you'd rather play classics like Super Mario. Bearing in mind the graphics are the same i'd much rather be seen with one of these in my hands...
75827_gameboy.jpg

I don't know if I should hack my PSP. I'm worried about breaking it and the warranty and stuff. And is it as reliable as the OFW?

I'm guessing by OFW you're referring to original/official firm ware.
If that is what you're asking it's a mixed bag. Whilst OFW comes backed by huge teams of developers and thousands of pounds of investment which would make it reliable you'll find that homebrew firm ware will be quite well developed and most to it's advantage it'll be built into a community of bug testers, coders and feedback giving users which means that any bugs are normally very quickly found and you can repair them yourself.

CFW is very safe. In fact almost fail proof now days. Pandora can fix 99% of software problems. Oh, to tom knox: the psp is the bestmade portable game console EVER! And the emulated graphics are great on the PSP. Also it eliminate the hassle on having to try to put n64,gba,gbc,nes,snes,mp3 player,and internet browser all in your pocket.

Back
Top Bottom