Really chuffed

Raffaz

Golden Master
I know im talking about nothing in particular tonight. Ive been looking for my lamping kit tonight and ive been searching allover the house. Long story short, my mam died in 2001 and ive found loads of stuff tonight that belonged to her. Stuff like pics from the 60s when she got her st johns ambulance awards (i even found the certificate) Also stuff of my dad who died in 89, ive never seen any of this, but im dead happy to have found it. Im just wondering if any of you lot have had similar stuff happen.
:D

about a year ago, i was searching family photo's for a US history project, and found the stash of old family pictures. Some of them we didn't even know we had, and all of our relitives thought they were lost. Some dated well over 100 years old, and showed us our family while they still lived in Germany.

Not quite as sentimental as your find, but still a big one to me.

When my mother died some years ago, I came into possession of some ineresting items, one of which was a Chinese tea bowl, like a cup without a handle, about 200 years old, it was her mother's handed down to her by her mother, my great great grandmother, I put it on the 'net, & it's worth over £1000, but I won't sell it, it has far too much sentimenal value.

My grandad died in 1990 and we cleared everything out or so we thought , then about a year later my gran had to have a new carpet so she asked me to take it up, well as i rolled it up i saw a broken floorboard so i lifted it up to replace it and low and behold there was bags of money everywhere, i cant reveal the amount as it was quite substantial but what a lovely find, my gran nearly fainted.

My grandad died in 1990 and we cleared everything out or so we thought , then about a year later my gran had to have a new carpet so she asked me to take it up, well as i rolled it up i saw a broken floorboard so i lifted it up to replace it and low and behold there was bags of money everywhere, i cant reveal the amount as it was quite substantial but what a lovely find, my gran nearly fainted.
Woweeee!!,
dance.gif
no wonder your gran nearly fainted!, was it always her house, or might it be that the previous owner stashed the cash, how old are the coins, that'd give you a clue, they might be worth more than their face value, don't do anything with them until you've had them checked out by an expert!!!

When the ex's gran died up in Normandy we found some amazing photo's stashed in the attic, pictures of WWII allies, some silver and 19th century coins. Worth a few bob apparently, no one in the family knew. She had lived on her own for the last 30 odd years in the countryside. And a barn full of hundreds of bottles of old wine,home distilled calavdos and champagne.

My ex's parents both retired and were pleading poverty about 10 years ago, selling the nice car to buy and old rust bucket etc. Then the Euro came in to replace the Franc, they seemed more stressed than they should have been. We found out they had been stashing cash round the house and property for years, a little here, a little there. They couldn't just take it to the bank and change it all or the taxman would have grabbed 50%, so we 'kids' had to take big envelopes of cash, just under the tax limit to every bank in the area and change them for the new currency. They still haven't bought that new car!!!

My Gran had a very old grandfather clock about 6' tall, & when we visited her, as it was a tiny cottage, I slept on a couch in the front room with the clock at the foot, the slow tick tick of the clock put me to sleep, but that's not the end of the story, my uncle had married a French woman at the end of WW2, & when gran died, it was shipped to France & placed in my French cousins house, they did send my mother a snap of it standing in in their home in Bolougne.
My uncle was a senior ranking magistrate in London, & when he attended my mother's funeral, he wore a black frock coat with tails & black pin-stripe trousers, very grand!

Nothing to amazing but when my great grandmother/grandfather moved on we found some gold necklaces and a bunch of photos from when they were young and still in the dating phase.

Back
Top Bottom