Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-17-2006, 05:07 AM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Real Question...DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE...

I guess you could say the same for some Americans though. I'm sure some of them hate Brits. Its like anything.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon 16
I am American... I have never bean to the UK... but when I play xbox live it always seems that the people in England do not like Americans a whole lot... Now i know this does not represent all of England and all, but why do the English not like the Americans?
I am english, and i do not have a problem with Americans at all...

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #23
Golden Master

Talking Re: Real Question...DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE...

I think Arrisz has it all sewn up, [bitching] & he's American, but don't look upon him as a traitor, he's correct up to a point, me?, I'm British, I like them, perhaps because when I was in my early teens in the war, I lived for some years a few miles from Alconbury, a USAF base, they were everywhere in the small market town of Huntingdon, giving us kids gum & candy, up the road, about a mile, the US ran a prisoner of war camp, we use to go there to get a glimpse of the Germans, as kids would, & frequently saw them, some "jerries" still in field grey uniform, cap & high boots, fresh in, not kitted out yet! we were thrilled at seeing "real" Germans, daft kids, we were too young to u/stand the gravity of war.
On one visit visit a US guard on the gate said he didn't eat candy, telling us three to come again the next day, & we could have his months ration, which he did, boxes of it, Dime bars, Hershey chocolate, & Wrigley's gum, how's that for generosity, & some airmen befriended families, one came to tea at my gran's & gave her butter, cheese, etc. our ration was 1oz of cheese & 2oz of butter a week, if there was any, mostly there was only margarine, not like today's it was in a block, & had no taste, milk?; we had American dried milk, & their dried egg powder, we were lucky to get one egg a month each, what do you lot think now of "Yanks" as we called them them, of course there was the downside, pregnancies increased tenfold at least, some guys married the girl, but in some cases when they took them & the baby back to the States after the war, some of the girls returned, after living in poverty there, mind you, the majority were very happy, raising a big family in a good neighbourhood, comments on that arrisz [& others] ?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

Its not really a matter of country vs country, Its a matter of Online trash talk.

People just say whatever they can think of to get a dig in, They think 'Hey hes got a southern accent' this results in "Bloody redneck go back to your trailer" or something of the sort.

Just people trying to find things to argue about

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Wow I had no idea you where old enough to remember WW2, heh thats news. Well frankly WW2 was different then the current war, we actually had good reason to go into it. In fact we should of gone in 1940 even maybe 1939. But in this iraq war we had no reason to do what we did. And we are iggorant for that. Now we have scared the crap out of the Irainians and they are building nukes. They see themsevles surrounded by a western army that supset at muslims. My great grandma says the same thing about the soliders. They were nice, even though her eldest possibly is an american.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

Its xbox live everybody talks trash. A little kid with a high pitched voice joins the game you make fun of him, somebody with a weird accent joins(in this case american) you make fun of them. Thats just how the idiots on xbox live are. That is mainly why I stopped playing it, even though it is fun to make fun of the 11year old who sounds like a female.
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

*sigh* *used to be the 11 year old with the voice that sounded like a female*

Now Im the one with the country accent playing with all them yanks up north

lmao, Its alright, Error Lord is becoming a known name, I kick their ASSES to make up for it lol

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #28
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

I don't hate Americans

I hate the French though, damn arrogant, cowardly frogs.
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 AM   #29
Golden Master

I remember the controversy over the french back during the War on Terrorism, how the US viewed the French as cowards. We even thought about renaming the french fried we have here to be known as "Freedom Fries" just to get rid of the french name. That controversy was dropped and we continue to call deep fried potatoes french fries to this very day.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #30
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

Just one of those things in life!!! but hey ho! (i think your a stressy bunch of yanks!)