ready for chasing!

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Some of you have probably realized I haven't been around, maybe not. I've also sold my main system and am back to a good 'ol overclocked P4 which plays what I want it to. Anyway, reason being I'm storm chasing this summer and am putting most of my money into my jeep for equipment. Here is the laptop mounted..

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

Inspiron 1000 (free from work)
2.2ghz celeron
512mb
160gb
connected to jeep stereo for watching movies on long road trips
gosget usb gps receiver
microsoft streets and trips 2009
delorme street atlas 2009 (wont be getting lost
grlevel3 mobile radar software
verizon mobile broadband

other equipment includes..
front led amber wig-wags for warning
midland cb radio
radioshack trunking scanner for skywarn monitoring and noaa alerts
rear amber strobe for warning
ham radio to come
sony digital camera
sony hdd video camera

thanks, that was my goal. i wanted it to be functional yet look professional at the same time. i've seen far too many trucks with wires hanging from the ceiling and clutter everywhere, not for me. :p

very cool, I'm assuming your also going to mount a digital camcorder as well? or will you keep that hand held..

Never known anyone in person or on the internet that does storm chasing. Good luck, take lots of pics.

Nice little bit of rigging there. If you get anything special make sure you let us know, i've always been interested in storm chasing, but i live in a seaside town in england and i'm not old enough for a license
/fail

Nice little bit of rigging there. If you get anything special make sure you let us know, i've always been interested in storm chasing, but i live in a seaside town in england and i'm not old enough for a license
/fail
Haha, are there that many storms that are worth chasing there? :p

lol

It's raining to day, i could follow the rain on my bike, but wouldn't achieve much.

Back
Top Bottom