Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Site Team

Default Re: Reading this makes me wonder

There will always be bullying in schools and sueing a school is a stupid response

Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

^ x2

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
There will always be bullying in schools and sueing a school is a stupid response
My point, stated in a simple sentence.

+rep.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

Well they are not really "suing" the school in a traditional sense. They aren't looking for compensation they are trying to get the school to implement a program that would help stop bullying. Which I personally think may be a good move for that school because 4 suicides due to the bullying at that school in one graduating class. And also there was another kid who withdrew from the high school and wrote a suicide not citing the bullying but never carried out the suicide. There must be some serious crap going on there so them suing the school seems to be at least a step towards getting something put in place to help stop this from happening again.

Now if they were suing the school for an amount of money or something I would also say that is stupid but that isn't what its all about. But still I believe it also has to do with parents giving their children the strength emotionally to help them understand that its not the end of the world if people pick on you.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Daemon Poster

In my opinion (and experience), programs to help stop bullying (or making fun of other kids) never really work. It keeps happening. For me, it got real bad around 5th grade (not really bullying so much as being made fun of, called names that they didn't even know the meaning of), then had ended by the time I got to high school. Everybody is going to be made fun of, called names, etc. And the parents need to be more supportive of their child and take a more active role in their lives (to some extent) to lessen the chance of committing suicide. I don't know anything about them, though, so it''s hard to say.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #16
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to shanaya Send a message via Yahoo to shanaya

I was picked on a bit in school, me being shy. Almost got beat up at an arcade/bowling centre(yes I was an 80's teen) but the most popular girl(who was really nice) talked them out of it. I was in the middle crowd, so wasn't too bad for me, but I can certainly understand where those that constantly get bullied are coming from. You can only take so much and when the teachers tend to ignore some of that does not help in the least! I think it is because the parents of the bullies are active in the school so the school board tends to overlook things where their kids are concerned. Really sad. I think it is getting worse these days.
shanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #17
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Huh, look at that. There are members of this forum that were bullied and are still alive to talk about it. In today's society, people are always looking to blame somebody else for their problems. What ever happened to personal responsibility?
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:17 AM   #18
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous

I used to get picked on all the time at my old school I was label as a nerd for simply getting A's. I transfered to my new high school for family issues and I started to play high school basketball. What I learned: If people are picking on you stand up. Don't let them bring you down if they don't stop clock em in the face. Worked for me. And find some friends that support you no matter what.