Re:hey everyone

Gamer4Life

Beta member
Re:hey everyone

I'm new here, so I just wanted to say hello, before posting any other topics. As of right now, My profile isn't done, but I can tell you I have been into Computers/Gaming for quite a while. It all started way back in the early 80's(Yes, I'm that old-early 40's) when I was gaming on the Atari system. Never looked back since. I also have an interest in fixing computers, and prefer using windows 2,000 and XP for my operating systems, instead of Vista(which is crappy), and Windows 7(Windows 7 runs on the same engine Vista does). I also Collect Older Computers(I don't have a lot, yet), running 2,000 and XP. Anyway, hope to hear from some people soon.

Re: hey everyone

Hey, and welcome

Are you sure that Windows 7 runs on the Vista engine? I was led to believe Windows 7 was mostly built from the ground up

Welcome to CF!

Atari computers... Those were the times. Lol I still have four of them in my closet somewhere.

And you are right about W7, it is based off vista, but there has been a ton of tweaking. Still, it is a pretty bad OS. I have had nothing but problems since installing it.

Re: hey again

Kage, 7 is an upgraded version of vista. Look at Vista's interface, then look at 7's interface;they are exactly the same

Windows 7 is essentially Vista 2.0. I wish they didn't deem it as a brand new OS and said they built it from the ground up. It's a heavily modified version of Vista.

Ah, sorry then :p

I will be using XP for quite a while to come yet, I'm sure

Anyways as I said, I'm a gamer-in case any of you here are intrested, just some of the games I've played are (all listed below are on computer)

Kiss Psycho circus:the nightmare child

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

Heavy metal fakk 2

Farcry

Farcry 2(yes I have finished it)

Half life

Half life 2

Aliens vs Predator(the original released in 2001)

and more. Take care all.

Welcome to the forum!

I myself have my own collection of retro computing. This would be the shortlist. C64, C128, Apple IIgs, Atari 800XL, Amiga (forgot model), and an Apple IIc. Then there would be some not-so-significant x86 computers.

windows 7 = NT 6.1
vista = NT 6.0

windows 2000 = NT 5.0
windows xp = NT 5.1

windows 7 is to vista as XP is to windows 2000.

(i.e different, in a lot of ways).

Back
Top Bottom