Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Rap- So this is why Bush deemed Eminem as Americas worst teenage influence.

If people have common sense, they wont be a toy and do what a rap able says..

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 04-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Re: Rap- So this is why Bush deemed Eminem as Americas worst teenage influence.

He has an opinion and so do you. Who cares? People have different opinons on different music.

And hunter what the hell is with your sig? You said somthing stupid a mod gets mad at you and you decide to put it on your sig?

AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
Old 04-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amish Kid
He has an opinion and so do you. Who cares? People have different opinons on different music.

And hunter what the hell is with your sig? You said somthing stupid a mod gets mad at you and you decide to put it on your sig?
lol yea it just shows some injustice. And all I'm doing is having a debate with him. We have our oppinions so who cares? Take your own adivce you little hypocrite.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #14
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHunteRHR
Ok, so making words rhyme together and tell a story or have a meaning based on a beat isn't a talent?
No, not compared to any other style of music. Let's put it this way, it requires the least ammount out of all music genres...not by a little but by alot. Punching a beat into a computer program and settting it to repeat isnt that hard.

Quote:
How does money come into play as a bad thing?
It's not bad to get money for work, but come on, you see these guys riding around in escalades with mansions and beach houses for usinng OTHER PEOPLES PROGRAMS (likie reason) and then putting some lyrics over it.

Quote:
If the lyrics were so disgraceful people wouldn't listen to it.
Not true at all. Thats the point of the music. It's suppose to make you sound tough and powerful, it gets you pumped up. Thats why all those stupid gangster and wannabes listen to it...it makes them feel powerful. It also makes them dress like complete morons, which in there eyes, is "intimidating"

Quote:
Bad influences?? Some does incite violence and has bad influences yes, but so do many other forms of music. Rock and heavy metal are the same.
there's alot less rock and heavy metal that does that. Sure, you come accross death metal bands and things of that sort they say some pretty stupid stuff, but most music these days that use real instruments is emo rock and thats all about flowers and relationships.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

Quote:
lol yea it just shows some injustice. And all I'm doing is having a debate with him. We have our oppinions so who cares? Take your own adivce you little hypocrite.
Im not going to argue with you because I know you are just immature and like to argue.
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
Old 04-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Hunter cool it. Amish dude, take that to Pm
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 04-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #17
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amish Kid
Im not going to argue with you because I know you are just immature and like to argue.

AHAHHAHAHA!!! AHH good imma remember that!

Anyways yea Nightwish you're right, good points, but I still like it!!

I also like rock and all that too... lol
Old 04-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish
there's alot less rock and heavy metal that does that. Sure, you come accross death metal bands and things of that sort they say some pretty stupid stuff, but most music these days that use real instruments is emo rock and thats all about flowers and relationships.
I do agree that a lot less rock and metal does talk less about violence, death, and whatever else fits in the rap genre. They talk more about polotics, the world in general, relationships, fantasy...

But... Nightwish is one of those death metal bands... I mean, they probably don't fit into the "death metal" genre so much (some sort of metal though). But the lyrics in some of their songs are hell depressing and on one of the albums the band members even said that they were worried about the lead singer cause' of the depressing lyrics he was writing...

Never the less, I still like Nightwish and just because I listen to them doesn't mean I'm depressed.
Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #19
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
I do agree that a lot less rock and metal does talk less about violence, death, and whatever else fits in the rap genre. They talk more about polotics, the world in general, relationships, fantasy...

But... Nightwish is one of those death metal bands... I mean, they probably don't fit into the "death metal" genre so much (some sort of metal though). But the lyrics in some of their songs are hell depressing and on one of the albums the band members even said that they were worried about the lead singer cause' of the depressing lyrics he was writing...

Never the less, I still like Nightwish and just because I listen to them doesn't mean I'm depressed.

Wow, you know about Nightwish? Awesome. I wouldnt consider them death metal at all...they are symphonic metal. Death metal involves alot of horrible screaming, nightwish uses and operatic trained woman. lol.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #20
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby

Yeah, I love Tarja Turunen's voice... My favourite song of Nightwishes is "Sleeping Sun".

Other bands I like that are in the same genre as Nightwish are: Within Temtation, Epica, Lacuna Coil... etc.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Closed Thread