Ranks??

Eh, I haven't even been here a year. It's just a matter of proving yourself to the other mods. They need to know they can trust you.

Yeah, what is the rush? Being a mod isn't all fun and games. It takes work and a good sense of when things have gone too far.

I am in no rush. I just think i should start now on being nice, helpful, and trustworthy so when the day comes I am ready.

new mods are decided by the mod team and david, if you ask to be a mod.. you wont be one, if we feel that you are capable of being a mod, and also there is a vacancy for a mod, then someone will be selected.. but they have to have been here longer than 3 days....

ive been here longer than all you f***ers.
.... j/k though. time isnt that important as celegorm has proved.

trust is earned, just like the ranks, and mod status. you need to help out, post sensibly and hope you get chosen. just like i was for a custom rank

This is my first forum of this nature to join, but I am a mod on a car forum, our rules are a little more strict though. We do not allow "teen speak" words like "rofl, lol, lmao" etc will get you banned quicker than anything. proper grammer, and if there has ever been signs of immaturity there will be most likely never a mod job in the future.

I do not get this.. What is the huge deal about being a mod? I mean sure its a big privilege, but it isn't like you become superman all of a sudden... Why is everyone so obsessed with becoming one? I would do it if I was asked to, but I do not really see a huge plus that it gives, if only more responsibility.

This is my first forum of this nature to join, but I am a mod on a car forum, our rules are a little more strict though. We do not allow "teen speak" words like "rofl, lol, lmao" etc will get you banned quicker than anything. proper grammer, and if there has ever been signs of immaturity there will be most likely never a mod job in the future.
There are no rules about it at CF, but the three you mention are harmless enough, everybody uses them including me, ones I don't like are wtf & OMFG, then there's rapp & what I call "textspeak", like "u" for you, etc, some mods like me, ask them to use plain English & most of them comply.

I think its standard to try and talk properly on a forum, thats another one of the reasons I use this forum, because your activly talking propperly rather than talking like you would on an IM which helps your spelling etc. Well its helped me anyway :p

I think its standard to try and talk properly on a forum, thats another one of the reasons I use this forum, because your activly talking propperly rather than talking like you would on an IM which helps your spelling etc. Well its helped me anyway :p
Hasn't helped you that much lol:p

Back
Top Bottom