Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #41
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Ranks??

ive TECHNICALLY been here for over 2 years only been doing real postings since april i belive

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #42
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Eh, I haven't even been here a year. It's just a matter of proving yourself to the other mods. They need to know they can trust you.

Yeah, what is the rush? Being a mod isn't all fun and games. It takes work and a good sense of when things have gone too far.
I am in no rush. I just think i should start now on being nice, helpful, and trustworthy so when the day comes I am ready.

Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #43
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

new mods are decided by the mod team and david, if you ask to be a mod.. you wont be one, if we feel that you are capable of being a mod, and also there is a vacancy for a mod, then someone will be selected.. but they have to have been here longer than 3 days....
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #44
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

3 days? Wow, you guys have light requirements...
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #45
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

ive been here longer than all you f***ers.
.... j/k though. time isnt that important as celegorm has proved.

trust is earned, just like the ranks, and mod status. you need to help out, post sensibly and hope you get chosen. just like i was for a custom rank
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #46
In Runtime

This is my first forum of this nature to join, but I am a mod on a car forum, our rules are a little more strict though. We do not allow "teen speak" words like "rofl, lol, lmao" etc will get you banned quicker than anything. proper grammer, and if there has ever been signs of immaturity there will be most likely never a mod job in the future.
pooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 AM   #47
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

I do not get this.. What is the huge deal about being a mod? I mean sure its a big privilege, but it isn't like you become superman all of a sudden... Why is everyone so obsessed with becoming one? I would do it if I was asked to, but I do not really see a huge plus that it gives, if only more responsibility.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #48
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooker View Post
This is my first forum of this nature to join, but I am a mod on a car forum, our rules are a little more strict though. We do not allow "teen speak" words like "rofl, lol, lmao" etc will get you banned quicker than anything. proper grammer, and if there has ever been signs of immaturity there will be most likely never a mod job in the future.
There are no rules about it at CF, but the three you mention are harmless enough, everybody uses them including me, ones I don't like are wtf & OMFG, then there's rapp & what I call "textspeak", like "u" for you, etc, some mods like me, ask them to use plain English & most of them comply.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #49
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff

I think its standard to try and talk properly on a forum, thats another one of the reasons I use this forum, because your activly talking propperly rather than talking like you would on an IM which helps your spelling etc. Well its helped me anyway
Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 AM   #50
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff View Post
I think its standard to try and talk properly on a forum, thats another one of the reasons I use this forum, because your activly talking propperly rather than talking like you would on an IM which helps your spelling etc. Well its helped me anyway
Hasn't helped you that much lol

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote