Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #751
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

i turn on the hose and let it run for days on end

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #752
Site Team

you're a rebel

KMATB
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #753
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
you're a rebel
nah i was j/k

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #754
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Called 911? She needs to know what to do! And that is not it... If he went too low, she needs to give him the gucagon pen... If you talk to her, ask if she has one of those around the house for him. I have never gone so low that I have passed out, I've been 26 and in the 30s a couple times, but she needs to give him the shot for suger when he is low, then call 911. And most likely, by the time they arrive he will be awake to greet them at the door. Otherwise, it just takes minutes depending how much insulin is on board for him to drop too low...

Scares me when I hear stories like this about diabetes, because I know one day, that will probably be me... But I think with modern tech, I should be ok... I hope...
I think the reason she called 911 was he always has high sugar, because he eats alot of things he ought not eat. my best friend is diabetic as well, he has given me alot of insight into the disease. When he went to the hospital because he was sick and discovered he was diabetic he said his sugar was 900 and something, nurse told him he very lucky to be alive. Anywho, part of the reason she called 911 is she doesn't know much about the disease and he was almost unconscious, she and her father don't get along and she rarely sees him. Also since he has no legs it was hard for her to get him up to feed him.

I feel bad for saying this but, for a no legged man he is pretty damn heavy. One day a neighbor was carrying him to a doctors appointment, as he was trying to slide into his car one of his wheelchair brakes slipped and he fell. My neighbor who was carrying him to the doctor tried to pick him up and couldn't, he called my house and asked if I could help him get him off the ground. I got there and it took both of us about 5 minutes to to lift him up, he seriously weighs around 180-200 pounds, he has lost some weight though. He was a very portly man before he lost his legs, at around 350-400 pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
Do you guys ever get low on water and you have to conserve it?
Oh yeah, so far we've already gotten over a dozen inches of rain this year. But over the past 5 years we have had one of the worst drought's in our States history. Last year was the worst, it wiped out the cattle industry in my county. We're still 26 inches below normal and summers fast approaching. The main "town" in my county (population 2,000) has nearly exhausted their municipal water supply. My home situation isn't to good either, we use a well and in the drought last year it ran out of water.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #755
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

We have never had a real water problem, but regardless, we have a storage room with plenty of it. It can't hurt to be prepared for such thing.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #756
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

been to the gym today, and have to go to work now lol
what a dayyy
Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #757
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Took my puppy for his first visit to the beach, he loved it and stayed dry , my daughter went fossil collecting and so came back with a bucket full of stones then we finished of with a nice ice cream
Old 03-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #758
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

my pup loved the snow we had at the weekend, went crazy in it.. lol..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #759
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Well, so much for my kid's Razer Copperhead mouse. The left mouse button died after less than a year, so I contacted customer service. After all is said and done, no RMA for me because I can't produce the receipt. If I had known it was going to die so quickly, I would have kept it in a safe place. Now I have a $60 paper weight.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #760
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Quote:
nice and cool here
Was Raining Yesterday,Now its nice and sunny,tops of 25 Degree's

Quote:
It is a very beautiful sight. Seriously take a break and go on a vacation during December. Your in you mid 40`s and I know everyone in their 40`s needs a break. America is a very Beautiful country! You need to see her one day!
LOL! Have you ever BEEN To Australia,let alone QLD???? It's not Mid 40's in the middle of Autumn,it would be more like mid 30's,But very humid.

Quote:
I am come to America for a week, you will love it!
No,Just no.

Closed Thread