Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #301
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

To say that Mac has less viruses is fair, but to say none? Get the hell out of here.

Also, BSoDs don't happen for no reason.
The last one I got was from bad memory.
I switched out the ram, haven't had one in years now.
__________________

MikeReiner is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #302
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
If Mac's don't get viruses, why does symantec (makers of Norton) make an anti-virus for Macs?

They are out there.
They make anti virus software for every major operating system.
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #303
Fully Optimized
 
joe pic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,527
Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

They make it just to make money.


And Macs don't have as many viruses because nobody makes any for it - because nobody really has one.

That's changing though, sales have gone up dramatically.
__________________
"I Don't like to repeat successes. I like to move on to other things." - Walt Disney
Proud Chrome OS Pilot Program participant
www.twovisionaries.com
joe pic is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #304
In Runtime
 
MacGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 193
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Most of the Mac experts I know say that viruses are really nothing to worry about....many of them don't even recommend getting virus protection. There are a few bugs out there that target Macs though...just not nearly as many as there are aimed at PCs.

I am one of those people who would rather be safe than sorry, so I downloaded the free ClamXav for my Mac. Haven't had a single problem with it so far.
MacGirl is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #305
Daemon Poster
 
iamchickenlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 821
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

how many people have seen fear and loathing in las vegas?
iamchickenlover is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #306
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
They make anti virus software for every major operating system.
That is part of my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe pic View Post
And Macs don't have as many viruses because nobody makes any for it - because nobody really has one.


^^that fits so well.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #307
Fully Optimized
 
CompMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,323
Send a message via AIM to CompMan
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Also macs don't get Blue Screens of death, they get Grey Screens of Death GSOD, check the sig.
__________________
|Intel Q6600@3.0ghz||ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA||2GiG Corsair XM2 DDR2 800||EvGa 8800GTS||36gig Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm||Ultra X2 connect 550W modular psu||Thermaltake Tsunami Case|Vista 64bit|
Windows has Blue screens, Mac has grey screens, and CF has White screens!!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT Titanium Grey, Greddy Exhaust, AEM cold air intake
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #308
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Ok?

Quote:
That is part of my point
What is your point?
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #309
Fully Optimized
 
CompMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,323
Send a message via AIM to CompMan
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

that macs get virus's
__________________
|Intel Q6600@3.0ghz||ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA||2GiG Corsair XM2 DDR2 800||EvGa 8800GTS||36gig Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm||Ultra X2 connect 550W modular psu||Thermaltake Tsunami Case|Vista 64bit|
Windows has Blue screens, Mac has grey screens, and CF has White screens!!
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT Titanium Grey, Greddy Exhaust, AEM cold air intake
--objects in rearview get smaller with each shift--
CompMan is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #310
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Random Chit Chat #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Ok?



What is your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompMan View Post
that macs get virus's
Exactly. Their software is crap enough, they wouldn't take away valuable time to make software for an OS that didn't need it.
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0