Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol good choice, celegorm

on my side of things, I finally got my MAME keyboard encoder working... turns out you have to supply 5v power to it. :p

I did that and now I have one whole arcade button I can use! Going to wire up the joystick next.

So that brings the task list to:
[x] Get computer working
[ ] Upgrade vid card for S-video out
[x] Get MAME and frontend installed
[x] Fill with various ROMs and images for frontend
[ ] Find suitable monitor (have a broken LCD tv that I might be able to fix, but I might try to find a large CRT)
[ ]Finish wiring controls and make a panel
[ ] Build a cabinet and control panel
[ ] Find some way to do a super cheap audio system and hook it up (have another broken system I might be able to fix)

Extra:
[ ] Upgrade CPU and RAM (looking for a fast Willamette and RD-Ram)

woot. :cool:

By the way, if anyone has a P4 Willamette that is faster than 1.3 GHz, I'm looking for one. Specifically one up towards 1.8 or so.

gonna be going up to Alaska tomorrow. not bringing my laptop up there so you will not have to see me for a week!!! gonna catch some big fishies. and then fry them in boiling lard.

lol good choice, celegorm

on my side of things, I finally got my MAME keyboard encoder working... turns out you have to supply 5v power to it. :p

I did that and now I have one whole arcade button I can use! Going to wire up the joystick next.

So that brings the task list to:
[x] Get computer working
[ ] Upgrade vid card for S-video out
[x] Get MAME and frontend installed
[x] Fill with various ROMs and images for frontend
[ ] Find suitable monitor (have a broken LCD tv that I might be able to fix, but I might try to find a large CRT)
[ ]Finish wiring controls and make a panel
[ ] Build a cabinet and control panel
[ ] Find some way to do a super cheap audio system and hook it up (have another broken system I might be able to fix)

Extra:
[ ] Upgrade CPU and RAM (looking for a fast Willamette and RD-Ram)

woot. :cool:

By the way, if anyone has a P4 Willamette that is faster than 1.3 GHz, I'm looking for one. Specifically one up towards 1.8 or so.

When i was bulding mine,i had a P4 1.6Ghz,And that ran all my roms great.

And why only one button?

Haven't wired the others yet. I have 6 buttons and an 8-way joystick with a restrictor plate to do 4-way games too.

oh what a night. i was more of a lightweight that usual. only had 6-8 pints. atleast i managed to get home, collapse on my bed, and sleep for hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom