Random Chit Chat

But you will be overvolting the gpu, and you can get it pretty hot on stock by having higher voltages. I've seen them get to like 100C before.

GPUs are not any trickier to mess with. You undo four screws, reapply TIM, then put the new cooler on and screw in four new screws. Way easier than dealing with the ridiculous s939 brackets that the heatsink manufacturers come up with.

Unless you're rubbing it on the carpet while you're installing it there isn't much chance of frying it. Just make sure you touch your case first.

and your warranty is intact as long as you do not damage stickers and such. Just plop the stock cooler back on if you need to RMA.
I think this only applies to some. I was told that you void your warranty if you change the thermal on cards made by BFG Tech. I know EVGA doesn't mind though.

I have never heard of anyone frying a gpu by installing an air cooler.

It's like saying you won't replace the heatsink on your CPU because you risk frying it.

Improper installation might fry it.

EDIT - Haha, I'm getting a $1 from Amazon.

But BFG will never know that you had swapped it...

I highly doubt that they take the hsf off and analyze TIM to make sure it s that same.
Also, bfg does not make ati cards, and I do not know of any ati manufacturers that have such ridiculous policies.

My project has officially begun! Today I bought some sleeving, heatshrink, and rivets from mdpc-x, and a rivet gun from Lowe's. However, I probably won't start dis-assembly until the end of next month (at the earliest). I'll get a worklog going once I actually start.

Page 666...wut? It's page 250.

My project has officially begun! Today I bought some sleeving, heatshrink, and rivets from mdpc-x, and a rivet gun from Lowe's. However, I probably won't start dis-assembly until the end of next month (at the earliest). I'll get a worklog going once I actually start.

*excited*

We don't have enough modders. I feel like I'm doing all the work here xD.

So to clarify...what all do you have in mind for doing? Just painting the case and sleeving cables?

Back
Top Bottom